piece of shit (71 westy)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To much og paint not to have a play with. So decided to rub some blue back and make og 70's style go faster stripes
null_zpsf3d2f91c.jpg

null_zps2b12ce15.jpg

null_zps71f9da96.jpg

null_zps31e0ea12.jpg

null_zpsae795601.jpg

null_zpsa2f4c74d.jpg

null_zps0022c7cf.jpg

null_zps843b66ce.jpg

null_zpsb9ba27da.jpg

null_zpsa8b4c5ed.jpg

null_zps0dd7dda9.jpg

null_zps138e78ad.jpg

Proper piece of shit! :mrgreen:

Bet you end up taking it all off, actually you could have half the bus blue half red, no ones done that now have they :roll:

Des

Slammed said:
Good work Ashley Simnett, looks like you and the fam had a blast!

I'd keep the 1600 b&p if I were you and stick a 110 or C35 cam in there, VS exhaust and twin 34s. Possibly get your crank assembly balanced and lightened and Maybe even have a go at a mild port and polish job yourself. You can keep it easy if you don't go overboard.

Some sound advice this 8) Maybe go 90.5 bore to get a 1776? Slightly bigger capacity but thick-wall cylinders for reilabilty ;)

Gotta get straight cut cam gears though no matter what you do :lol:

Loving the red stripe (other can drinks are available...) 8)

Are you going to do the other side now??

thanks for all the positive comments.

I'm stoked with how its turned out. The blue paint is laid on thick and a red oxide primer underneath. I've been sanding it by hand the reveal the primer then brillo pad dipped in thinners

there is an extremely fine line between original paint and metal. I'm gonna carry the line right round the bus and drop down the arch on the other side. I imagine it will be all red at some point as I get board so easily

Mate, that sits so well.. Whats been done to the rear? I fancy some tubs on the front.. Need to practice my welding before I commit though..

Your bus is perfection, a daily dub that gets abused and loved at the same time.

How do you find your seats? Mine are similar and I find they kill my butt after a while..

thanks again for the positive comments 8)

superfunkyfresh said:
Mate, that sits so well.. Whats been done to the rear? I fancy some tubs on the front.. Need to practice my welding before I commit though..

Your bus is perfection, a daily dub that gets abused and loved at the same time.

How do you find your seats? Mine are similar and I find they kill my butt after a while..

the rear is notched, short shocks, 2 splines down, slamwerks adjustable spring plate and a engine bar shave. Pretty low. Seats fine sometimes on bad bumpy roads the front hits the floor.