piece of shit (71 westy)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
null_zpsfaa66742.jpg

Waiting parts lol

Before it had its little mishap I did a prom run :)
null_zpse44f5d40.png

null_zps692e6d52.png

Managed to get it back ........
null_zps371a62cd.jpg

Hottest weekend of the year I had my own little street party
null_zpsfbdab753.jpg

Ready for our next meeting. Ninove left overs
null_zps9acf8513.jpg

i love your bus and wheels, here's my bitsa bus!

i don't suppose you have any pics of where the sprung struts attach to the van and the roof?

hey dude. You after measurement and pics ? top or bottom, or both. Let me know I'll take some pics and measurements saturday. I take it there no difference between a early and late bay roofs. ie early westie pop on a late, I've seen them before
Ash

cheers, measurements and pics please, i don't think there are any differences, my bus is bizare as it has the fuel filler flap like an early bay, early westy roof and yet the high lights, was a bare shell full of boxes of bits when i got it!

phil64 said:
cheers, measurements and pics please, i don't think there are any differences, my bus is bizare as it has the fuel filler flap like an early bay, early westy roof and yet the high lights, was a bare shell full of boxes of bits when i got it!

That fuel flap isn't like an earlybay, its higher, further back and more squared off. The 'earlier' lates were like that.

K@rlos said:
phil64 said:

That fuel flap isn't like an earlybay, its higher, further back and more squared off. The 'earlier' lates were like that.

thanks, i didn't know the difference

phil you'll have to bare with me. The old girls testing me at the minute, another long hot day on it, for it to break down while me and the boy was crusing ..... did 500yards :lol:

sorted that mate, had a weak spark. Fitted another new coil and an electronic ignition. I thought it might be low volts at the coil. took it all apart and back together, no air leaks, it started so did the timing and set the carb up. And it ran lovely. There is a few campsites with in a mile of where we live, so I said to arch, the suns shining doing you want to camp the night. We was well excited ... got round the corner and it broke down. He was gutted.

Photo bucket on my pc is shot so I'm doing it on my phone. So there's not a comment for each picture. I can't getting right so it's going to a garage to get it sorted then were off to Cornwall in it in a few weeks :) when we return the bus will be going up for sale
null_zps80a207d3.jpg

null_zpsc9cb54a9.jpg

null_zps78002c42.jpg

null_zps43e955ee.jpg

null_zpsed8ce377.jpg

null_zps970bde03.jpg

null_zpsb0bbffae.jpg

not losing faith mate, I love it. But the way things are going I'm just not gonna have time to use it. If its only used once or twice a year it might as well be with someone who will use it

That last pic of your lad sums it up :(

You know that when you sell it you will regret quite quickly!!

When these niggles are sorted Ash you won't sell it, we've all been there ;) did the coil come?