Portable garage recommendations

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

dublicious

Reaction score
Morning all,

I am toying with the idea of buying a portable garage for my bay to keep the elements off and work on it until I sadly sell it, this will most likely be next year now!

What portable garages would you recommend and size for the bay please?

Take care

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all due respect, I haven’t seen one that would give you a decent level of space to work around the van. The best one I saw an ad for a couple of years back was a tubular steel frame and almost tent shaped but that only gave about two feet on each side. I got a funny feeling it was made by somebody like Clarke or Machine Mart, might be a good place to start the quest.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,I’ll keep massaging y grey matter :)

dublicious

Reaction score
With all due respect, I haven’t seen one that would give you a decent level of space to work around the van. The best one I saw an ad for a couple of years back was a tubular steel frame and almost tent shaped but that only gave about two feet on each side. I got a funny feeling it was made by somebody like Clarke or Machine Mart, might be a good place to start the quest.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,I’ll keep massaging y grey matter :)
Yeah it really is a compromise to keep the elements off and work on it. I dont have the luxury of a garage or nearby storage. So needs must.

Been looking at the JK and Machine Mart ones, seem ok, expense though, but then everything is these days

gas1man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Van
Van Type
Dormobile

mcvw

Reaction score
Yeah it really is a compromise to keep the elements off and work on it. I dont have the luxury of a garage or nearby storage. So needs must.

Been looking at the JK and Machine Mart ones, seem ok, expense though, but then everything is these days
If you want a decent soft cover I've got a Maypole for sale.

Latest posts