Pushrod tube seals

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren2030

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hiya fellas,

Hope someone can help I’m at my witts end with these csp pushrod tubes can’t seem to stop the odd leak from the seals. I’ve redone them couple times now firstly when I got them with a smear of engine oil and just recently with Curil-T sealant and I’m still getting the odd drip of oil on my exhaust Does anyone have any other recommendations or better ideas on sealing them!?

Cheers
Darren

Hi Darren😃

I normally use the Elring white seals with a little Curil T and they work great😉

There are cases in which there’s extra casting flesh on a few aftermarket heads that interferes with some of the pushrod tubes, namely the spring loaded ones as they have a larger OD. I check that by placing the tube without the seals and spring in the head and checking for clearance, maybe that could be your issue?🤔

Abel

Hi Abel

Thanks mate for the reply Im using the white csp ones do elring sell the larger seal which would fit the cylinder head end? And would it make ‘that’ much difference do you think bud!?
Ps
emailed csp earlier to see what they had to say on any sealant on their pushrod tubes and get this one the chap who replied told me non silicone bathroom sealant!! Got to say that’s the first ive ever heard of that!!

Regards darren

I'd be loathe to use bathroom sealant that sounds like a bit of a bodge. When I did my Type 4 ones I used a very fine smear of permatex. http://www.statesidetuning.co.uk/t4lubes.html.

Got to wonder if its the tubes themselves

Did mine again last year with stock seals, the chap who did them said there are Porsch ones that are the same, bar the price.... ( they are a better seal but can't remember which model, sorry) going to give them a go myself next time...

Darren2030 said:
Hi Abel

Thanks mate for the reply Im using the white csp ones do elring sell the larger seal which would fit the cylinder head end? And would it make ‘that’ much difference do you think bud!?
Ps
emailed csp earlier to see what they had to say on any sealant on their pushrod tubes and get this one the chap who replied told me non silicone bathroom sealant!! Got to say that’s the first ive ever heard of that!!

Regards darren
The Elring white seal will stretch and can be used on the larger part of the tube, i use them on these types too with great success😃👍

Abel

Latest posts