• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rare early October '67 RHD Devon, OPEN TO OFFERS

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetwagens

Reaction score
Hi All, I am advertising my UK Early bay because I need to spend more money on my other projects unfortunately.

MY early bay was built in October '67. It is extremely unusual to find such an early example, especially one that is Right hand drive, and has spend all its life in the UK. It still retains all of its 1967 only features, and as such shares some components with the split screens, like the cab door handles. It also has the original cab doors which are the one year only ones with the simpler inner structure. The photos show it in its present stripped down state, but it is complete with all components apart from the wheels. It was on Beetle wheels when I bought it, which were incorrect. It is currently on a set of very early split screen wheels which I will be keeping, but I can find a set of beetle wheels to get it rolling for you.

The engine has been rebuilt in the past, and before I took it apart for the welding work I took it for a drive along the farm lanes. All worked well, and the brakes functioned as well, always a bonus! As it has been off the road for a few year I would suggest changing all the brake lines for safety.

The bodywork has had some attention with the addition of new arches, sills, inner sills, outriggers, jacking points, some floor sections, inner wings and other parts as needed. There is still some work to be completed, but not the usual mountain of welding you find on a UK bus. I have uploaded a lot of pics to photobucket, please take a look by clicking on the link below:

http://s72.photobucket.com/user/streetwagens/library/1967%20UK%20RHD%20Devon%20camper" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

P1010089.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

There are some photos that show the bus before I took it apart for welding at the end of the album for reference. One of the side windows was incorrect, and has now been changed for the correct fixed glass, with the opening quarterlight. The concertina elevating roof is one of the first Devon ones, and has a handmade Aluminium surround from the factory, unlike the normal fibreglass ones, and is also smaller, a nice feature of a bus.

Its a rare unusual early van, and well worth taking to the top level of restoration. This will be a very valuable early bay once completed and is definitely different to the usual imports you see at the shows.

Thanks for looking, any queries please call me on 07866618267, or send me a message.

I am asking £6000 for it. I can sort delivery out for the cost of Diesel, its currently at my parents farm in Swansea. 8)

Latest posts