Rear Hatch door guide question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J4yman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Dormobile
I am a bit confused. I have a 1972 Crossover and having problems lining it up correctly. No matter what I do it just kicks out. I have noticed on some vans there are guides half way up on the main opening on the van. I have the part shapped on the van they should attach to on the van but no guides. Just looks likes a couple of blanks. I am wondering if they should be there or not and if this is the reason I can't adjust it to fit.

Pics help.
31 and 32, they're just plain wedge guides, two on the hatch and two on the rear hatch opening.

Looks like this is the answer to the adjustment. I have non and I am trying to square the door. I will have to get some. Thanks

As above, some photos and some more details would be useful to better describe your issue.

The wedges shouldn’t be relied upon for tailgate alignment - they are just there to stop it from flexing and moving when closed. The best way to check the issue is to eliminate anything that could be moving it, so pop the seal out and then close it. After that, the only points of adjustment are where the hinges bolt to the tailgate, and the striker plate for the latch. You should be able to see what needs adjusting after doing the above.

If this fails, or there isn’t enough adjustment in those parts, it could be a poor repair in the past meaning the tailgate aperture is not correct.

Latest posts