Rear Indicator screws

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magoo

Reaction score
I'm having a couple of issues with my indicators. I was hoping it was going to be as easy as changing a lightbulb, but for the life of me I can't get the housing back in.

Am I missing a nut in the engine bay side, or do they just require precision line up at the very end of the screw? It's loose. Will give it another go in daylight!

There are no nuts with the screws, the metal housing is threaded. Be careful not to strip the thread on the housing. I’ve recently replaced my rear lights and I bought longer screws as the ones that come with the lights are a bit short and difficult to put in. You just need to line up the holes in the lens, rubber seal and van body with the metal housing, not easy but not impossible.

Got it sorted. The housing had lost its thread completely. A quick trip to the hardware store for a few nuts. Still took ages because, as you say, the screws are short and the nut need a bit of force to find its way in. The left hand side was a doddle.

Latest posts