• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Rear seatbelts

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakep

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Camper
Hi,

After some retractable rear seatbelts to be fitted into my 68, need to be long enough to go around my 2 boys car seats please!
I’m based in Nottingham
Thank you :)

Just Kampers sell rear 3 point seatbelts with an extender piece, all depends whether you have the factory seatbelt mounts already fitted or whether its a panel van conversion

Thank you guys, I do have the mounting points in place,

I have a cabinet one side of the rock and roll bed though… so I have a 3/4 rock and roll bed, how can I get around this?

Attachments

• 1B016465-E8D3-4D00-8D41-7E95BEFB9C59.jpeg
    1B016465-E8D3-4D00-8D41-7E95BEFB9C59.jpeg
    637.8 KB · Views: 1
Thank you guys, I do have the mounting points in place,

I have a cabinet one side of the rock and roll bed though… so I have a 3/4 rock and roll bed, how can I get around this?
Tbh you are going to struggle with the cabinet there as the angle for the seatbelt is all wrong, whatever you do please do not try and attach anything to the rear corner panel as we have seen some people do as its a very thing panel.

Your only real option with a set up like that is 3 point and a lap belt set up or look at isofix mounts, the ford focus one is widely available on ebay as its a bolt on one but it does need some fabrication to make it work

We used one static 3 point for the girls. Seat, and could only get 2 more lap belts across the back. The unit made the seat belt not long enough. Lap belt gos in to the side of wheel arch rather than the top bit, where factory hole was. So we had the one car seat in the front. We spoke to a local traffic cop, he said it was the best way to have them in the van. As technically early bays don’t need rear seatbelts.

Our seats did not have iso fixes, otherwise would have done them in to the van.

Latest posts