Rear View Mirror

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Does anybody know what years the rear view mirrors changed in design?

I have seen a couple of different designs and wondering if this was age or model related?

I presume that the ones with the little arm that presses against the windscreen are the early ones?

Please help. :D

The long metal armed mirrors are officially a 68 model year item, though made it onto some 69's.

There are also some long plastic coated rear mirrors around but Im not sure whether they are year specific or an option, or a US safety feature.

The short arm night/day mirrors were a special order item.

:shock:

Cheers Clem, thats answered it 8)

Time to win a bet......................

I bought a day/night mirror after driving across France overnight and being constantly dazzled by Euro Juggernauts with about 20 spotlights on the front,which apparently are non dippable when you overtake them :evil:
One point to remember is that the shorter stem means that the sunvisors now hit the mirror and can not be fully folded against the windscreen, I have not found this to be a problem when driving into the sun as the visors are quite large, and you can always stick the shades on 8)

Cheers Tom.

Its all about the shades! 8)

Unfortunatley I am to tall to use the sunvisors! when I pull them down I can`t see anything.! :shock:

Latest posts