Red9 EZ Rider springs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VeeDubMan

Reaction score
I've got the supposedly 2"-4" drop EZ Rider kit on my early bay but it's too low as the BRM's (with a bad ET offset) rub on the arches with 2 adults up front.

So, I need to go a fraction higher. The springs on there at the moment are 10". Would 11" springs solve my issue or what other options do I have?

Couple of easy options - tighten the current springs (I assume they just have an adjustable lower collar) to increase the preload and thus raise the van up, or buy springs with a higher poundage rating.

Longer springs won't make any difference if they are the same Spring rate, and in fact may be awkward to fit due to their long, uncompressed length.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moseley said:
Couple of easy options - tighten the current springs (I assume they just have an adjustable lower collar) to increase the preload and thus raise the van up, or buy springs with a higher poundage rating.

Longer springs won't make any difference if they are the same Spring rate, and in fact may be awkward to fit due to their long, uncompressed length.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The lower collar was as tight as it would go but had little effect on height. It just made the ride firmer.

So looks like I can get firmer springs of the same length which may help.

Failing that, longer springs AND longer shocks to raise it up a little?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

When you say the lower collar was as tight as it would go - did you run out of threads on the shock shaft, or was the spring compressed to the point where the coils were touching?

Longer springs and shocks won’t raise the van unless you go for stiffer springs - they just become a pain to fit. When the van is jacked up and the suspension arms fully drooped, the shock needs to be shorter than the distance between the mounting points. For a mildly lowered van, this tends to be around 16”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts