Red9desgn T2 wishbone suspension!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no didnt get any. and its not on thier web site yet. was gona ask how low it would go but couldnt get near the guy :lol:

Yep, saw it and thought it looked good, personally I think in these times though £1500 is a bit steep, sorry if this sounds cynical but the component parts together can be no more than a third of that and yes I know there has been research into it etc etc,

I think if it was more like £1000 they would sell more and I'm sure still recover their costs and make some money, and I'm not trying to knock Red 9 I just think everyones feeling the pinch and to spend potentially a fifth or sixth or even higher percentage of the value of your bus on a front suspension set up seems like a huge investment for something thats hidden out of the way.

Just my personal view,

i would assume they can be made to accomadate any sort of drop. must agree graham. not much diffrent to the bug setp and thats only 1k if i remember right.

From what I heard the top mounting holes give you a 2" drop and then there are another 4 holes I think below that so I think you can end up with a 5 - 6" drop, you have to supply spindles and its based on late bay so adapters are required for wide 5 wheels

I wanted to tell you all about this a few weeks ago but si wanted to "Unveil" it today at Dubfreeze.

Yes it is expensive, but i just totaled up what mine would of cost and new beam/coilovers/dropped spindles come close to a grand already.

With this unit you also get wishbones and a modern steering rack with a future option of power steering. in addition Si has many brake options planned inc porsche and wide5..... fantastic looking bit of kit.

220220091382.jpg

220220091383.jpg

Thinking about selling all my frt kit to help fund getting one :)

WOW!!!

It's great to see such effort being put into our beloved VW's by such talented engineers - more power to them I say!!

Looks like a great piece of kit!

;)

As said above it is expensive but both me and my dad are engineers. i said to my dad " its £1500 though" and the first thing he said was "we couldnt make it for that" which is more than true. granted they are making multiples so thier costs are reduced bt still the amount of R&D time that must have gone into this makes its price seem reasonable when you think of it. but i do still agree with graham that it is pricey as i dont know of many people running thier beetle kit. saying that though lowering a bug is super easy compared to the problems we still face with our buses so these kits might walk. think more of them would if they where £1k though :wink: :wink: .

it was one seriously impressive peice of kit, but at the moment a bit pricey for me, but one day maybe,

i would also like some technical info and some reviews if anyone has actually bought or driven a bus with it installed

think its uber new but im sure they will sell a few soon. wonder if they would do us 33.3% discount if we got loads of orders :lol: (doubtful). 20 of these at a £1k means £20k , i wouldnt turn my nose up anyway :lol:

Latest posts