• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

replacement doors

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickgoodwin

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to find replacement doors (including RHD slider) for my 72 Bay? I went to the Brighton Breeze VW event in October and collected some business cards of people who sold old doors… and promptly lost them. I live in Brighton so looking for sellers that are not a million miles away. I think one seller was over towards Hastings direction, Hooe?? Just Kampers have a good offer on a pair of Brazilian door kits for £550 but I have a feeling they have the ‘swage’ line.
I would be grateful if anybody could reccommend / advise. Thanks.

nickgoodwin

southern kombi parts are in East Sussex, probably the ones you are looking for http://www.skpvw.co.uk/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good guys, i've had a few parts from them.

Rocket Ron on here sometimes has sliding doors he has repaired too, or http://www.fbivw.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; plus many more

You can get replacement cab doors without the swage line from JK also. They fit pretty good, only thing is you will have to install a couple of captive nuts for the door pulls and the holes are there for the pull locks which you wont be using so either weld them up or put in a couple bungs or whatever...other than that they are not too shabby.

We have cab doors in stock and can mail order them out no problem.
Please give us a bell if interested.
Thanks
Graham @ fbi

hi there, we have a pair of brand new cab doors, genuine VAG but without the swage,the ones that used to be avalible around 2004 still have the stickers and are in transport primer,also have rust free usa cab doors and tailgates,original paint slider but for lhd,engine lids,beams,glass etc.email andy @rackhams-bodyshop.co.uk.

I have used FBI for replacement sections of my project. However they are in Wales but are great at sending photos and knowledgable about parts you tend to get what you want with reasonable postage cost.

David

This might be a little off topic but I would say get genuine used rust free doors they just fit so much better then the new repo ones an the quality of the metal is better an will last longer then the new doors

Rob

Latest posts