Replacing Mirror

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magoo

Reaction score
Hi,

My little chrome retainer nut cracked when I was trying to fix a loose mirror. I've found a new nut and the little white gasket. My question is, when I unscrew the mirror arms to attach the new nut, what happens next? Is anything on the inside going to fall and get lost in the door card? Or is the receiving screw for the mirror welded into the door? I'm hoping this is very simple and straightforward!

https://www.customandcommercial.com/vw-baywindow/baywindow_door_tailgate_engine_lid--and--pick_up_parts/baywindow_cab_door--and--mirror_parts/door_mirror_chrome_adjusting_nut_68-79_12810/

The captive nut is fixed to the door.
It won’t fall inside. A common problem with after market door mirrors is they don’t have enough thread to go into the door so they can be tightened up.
I just replaced my passenger mirror as I broke the stem trying to tighten the cap nut up. This seems to be another common problem. The new mirror from A Schofields has a couple of threads more to screw into the door thread. It seems like a good quality replacement [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts