Respray in white?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshaker

Reaction score
My bus has only a rough paint job, a bit matt .... done by the guy that built it who admitted it wouldn't be a pro job. Happy as it is for a while but now want to get a decent spray job done.

Problem being, some panels not that straight. Took it to the sprayer last year and they said it could end up looking worse. I thought darker colours would definitely do that but some kind of white may not bd too bad.

So, any recommendations for versions of white? particularly slightly off white ... and pics would be good.

L90 D Pastel White

finishedcamper.jpg

cheers both.it is actually off white at the moment ...... wondered whether different shades made much difference:

IMG_0020Small-1.jpg

hipshaker said:
cheers both.it is actually off white at the moment ...... wondered whether different shades made much difference:

IMG_0020Small-1.jpg

Sorry but - Nope.

The more shiny the paint the more the faults will show. It then gets even worse if you use darker colours.

To be honest it's quite matt already. Just want to get it looking shinier but without drawing too much attention to any panels that are not as straight as they could be.

Are the panels solid? no rot etc if so not much option but to build up layers of filler to level it out... if its really bad a true body shop will be able to straighten it out most don't want to as it won't be a profitable task..... all depends on how deep ya pockets are or look on web to see you may be able get some done yaself :)

Dave

Im with dave ^^^ smooth the panels with either hammer n dolly or nice filler,,,, or both :mrgreen:
Mine aint too straight but im too scared to dig in an see what i find :oops:

my pearl white westy is here.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4820&start=140" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts