RHD brake pedal spring replacement (how To)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boyzie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All

so finally diagnosed my brake binding problem , seems the brake return spring is broken , so looked at the bentley manual and whats pictured is completely different from what I'm faced with, bentley shows separate shaft for clutch and brake I've only one..

Has anyone on here had the same , if so whats the procedure for fitting the spring?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Cheers

Dave

Does this help at all?

Early-Baywindow-Parts-Book264.jpg

Thanks fellar , have seen this already and the top right-hand diagram does almost resemble the assembly on my SC , but as I mentioned originally theirs only 1 main shaft that the brake and clutch pivot on , so last night took the clucth end off and this has revealed a woodruff type key to lock the clutch end on , the brake lever just has a pinch bolt , this lever must (assuming) just slot on the shaft , but is not budging , so was asking if anyone here has come across the same issue as diagrams don't seem to match RHD 69 SC .

Might be a case of getting more manly with it..

Update,,,
Sorted , able to remove the brake lever using brute force , loads of heat & getting inventive with wooden blocks , will be reassembling with plenty of copper grease, to avoid future issues.

Cheers

Latest posts