rollers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emerald

Reaction score
i was thinking about getting some for when the underneath of our bus gets done but im scared id do it wrong. how do they fit on?

:)

They bolt to the hubs my dear! :D They're a good idea, but think they may be overkill for what we need (plus they's sink into the lawn :lol: )

jabbo said:
but think they may be overkill for what we need

do you want to edit that til you know exactly whats under there??!! :lol:

so just bolt on to the hubs and that takes the weight of a whole bus?

there a very good idea.i made mine to save some cash,you can make sure you get all the rot and not just what failes the mot,i liked the idea that i could replace the whole part rather than stick another patch over the top there was 4 layers of steel on one of my outriggers,but dont roll it if your not commited,for mot mine needed a few small patches,after i got a good look at it i replaced all the jacking points all the outrigers,some chassis sections,4 of the top hat sections and both front and rear cross members, was worth it to no its all solid tho.
as for sinking in to the lawn, a gravel driveway wasent the best thing either ,a solid surface would be a big advantage.

ye the hubs take all the weight,a bit scary whet rolling your pride and joy over but suprizingly stable once on its side

emerald said:
jabbo said:
but think they may be overkill for what we need

do you want to edit that til you know exactly whats under there??!! :lol:

Nope, trust me. :wink:

I'm pretty confident the floor is solid based on what we can see, so there's not gonna be any major sized parts to replace. The outriggers, jacking points and cross member that need replacing admittedly would be easier done with a roller, but it's an unnecessary expense buying a roller just to make it a lttle bit easier for us. Especially if we want to keep things cheap (I'm not sure how much rollers go for but I swear I've seen them around the £500 mark in PPC and Retro Cars mag). If we could find someone to lend us one then that's a differnet story.

Plus at the end of the day it's not us that'll be doing the welding, and the bus is so high you can practically walk right under it anyway. :lol: :p :lol:

i supose i was looky that i could make the bars for free and could do the welding my self,

http://www.frost.co.uk/

i think you can buy some hear but there not cheep
:shock:

Latest posts