Rusty Lee full width rnr bed dimensions required

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in the process of ordering a Rusty Lee full width rock and roll bed for my bay window westy.
I already have units so Lee has kindly offered to adjust the dimensions of his standard bed to suit my needs.
I just need to confirm dimensions A, B and C to see what will work out of the box and what will need adjusting.
1335121.jpg

Could someone with one of these already installed have a quick peek and let me know please?
Also, I'm guessing floor thickness varies a lot from bus to bus (due to different plywood thickness, different insulation etc. etc.) which could have an impact on how level the bed is with the loading bay area.
Does anyone have any ideas about how thick the flooring should be to make the bed level with the loading bay area "out of the box"?
My flooring is about 15mm thick which might be a little but thicker than the norm.

I have the Rusty Lee bed installed;

Foto-MSQRYOYA-D.jpg

C = 90 mm
B = 345 mm
I can't measure A because it's filled with stuff at the moment and I can't access it from the front as you can see in the picture.

Thanks Baytripper

Looks like your setup is more or less what I'm aiming for as well!
What is the height of that side unit you have there?
And how did you achieve the curve on the kick panel? Is it vinyl or something?

Who did the upholstry for you?

I'm not Baytripper :)

The curve on that kickpanel was made using flexible wood. It flexes really good. I then covered that with a laminate. See my restoration topic on how I did it.

The upholstery was done by Delilahs.
http://www.delilahs.net great quality stuff

The height on that side unit is around 360mm. It's the same height as the top of the bed seat.

Sorry resto-raider.
Looked in the wrong place to get your name!

I have some panels from delilahs which was very pleased with!

Thanks again for the measurments. Let me know if you manage to get hold of that final measurement.

Resto-raider, I just wanted to check one thing...

The measurement C you've given, is that from the front face of the upright steel support? Where it hooks over to sit on top of a standard kick panel?

And just to double confirm the height measurement (B). I'll be adjusting my units to this height so just want to be sure it's right.
Lee had given me 330mm for that measurement but advised me to double check on the forums as he wasn't sure.

Thanks again for your help!

The measurement C is from the front face of the steel bar.

The measurement B is correct. I measured it again and it was the same. It does not depend on the height of the floor because i booked the bed onto the floor. It might depend on how you installed the bed though. Maybe someone else can give you their measures too.

Latest posts