Serpentine Pulley?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subheatadey

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am just wondering your thoughts on converting to a serpentine pulley, is it worth doing. So just wondering your thoughts, Scat has one is it any good or is their a better option or is it wasting money?

Hi Ade
They look good but not sure what the benefits would be to be honest if everything is running as it should be?

If you're not running a rager of a motor, I wouldn't even consider it. Even then, I'd refer to someone like @karlos who I'm sure will have a strong opinion on this one 😉

I’ve recently switched over to a MST one from Limebug. The idle pulley is now billet alloy not plastic and the bearing is changeable if needed . Only done a couple hundred miles but it’s smooth as .
Serpentine systems can tend to throw the belts at high revs on "high" power engines, so they're just for looks really.
I think a big oversight for many that are fitted is that people don’t get everything running true which can lead to belt failure, premature wear on the idler bearing etc . Mine is smooth as but will keep a close eye on it .

Attachments

• B7AC3EBB-B402-44AD-B8D1-F68C9E9004B4.jpeg
    B7AC3EBB-B402-44AD-B8D1-F68C9E9004B4.jpeg
    249.5 KB · Views: 13
If you're not running a rager of a motor, I wouldn't even consider it. Even then, I'd refer to someone like @karlos who I'm sure will have a strong opinion on this one 😉
😬

They are a solution to a problem which doesn’t exist. All you need is decent pulleys which are aligned and a belt which is correctly adjusted. Used to spin my old motor to 7200 rpm and I never had belt issues

Latest posts