Shoe me your US number plates

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toffo24

Reaction score
Hi I am looking at fitting some US size plates. Where have you mounted your front plate and how has it been done?

Post em up let have a butchers!

02671b32-3731-9734.jpg

Can't go wrong with the bumper IMO.

Im Liking that Turkish 8) Been thinking of cali plates myself, but may get too much attention from the boys in blue.......

creationblue said:
Im Liking that Turkish 8) Been thinking of cali plates myself, but may get too much attention from the boys in blue.......

No attention as of yet, been on for over 12 months now. Have got a legit one in the cab.

Rear one is cable tied to the jail bars in a moon eyes surround but intention is to put it on the engine lid

Vehicles older than 73 are allow to display smaller plates a) if imported and b) the plate surround isnt big enough to fit anything else.

our MOT is much stricter here and i flew through with these on...

speaker-shelf04.jpg

the bus has standard black and silver attached to the bumper.

IMG_0233.jpg

Vehicles older than 73 are allow to display smaller plates a) if imported and b) the plate surround isnt big enough to fit anything else.

our MOT is much stricter here and i flew through with these on...

That's real good to know - I've been toying with the idea for a while,
So you're basically saying, If I get some US license plate surrounds
I shouldnt have to worry as long as I stick to black/white or black/beige?

Spence

Thanks you your replys, what I am interested in is how have you managed to fix the surrounds and plates to the bumper. Have you had to make a bracket? Is there a standard fixing that you can use?
Can you post up so pictures of the fixings brackets please?

Great response so far keep em coming

Toffo

here is my rear one, I don't run a front plate, I went for the colour that would have been on it when it was in California, also the plate surrounds are Californian.
P1014633.jpg

No surrounds just the plate
black on the front white on the back could not decide what colour to have so thought have both and then make my mind up :roll:
have put the front to low and keeps catching on ground so its a bit bent and chipped :(

shaun

2012-03-10141115-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

Attached on the back with super sticky velcro just in case the police decide they don`t like and i can swap, the front velcro again on flat pieces of metal screwed to the bumper

Two pieces of stainless bent in to an L shaped pop riveted to surround and then pop riveted to underside of bumper

Gert Big T said:
I went with 60's US plate colours, No frame on front with a Porsche dealer surround on the rear.

May2012015.jpg

Yours looks pretty straight to me Tony, love the roof rack 8)
are you at volksfest mate :?:

No mate, missing it again, always seems to fall when I'm away. Dissapointed to miss Van West a couple of weeks ago so trying to make Oktoberfest if I can get tickets. Vehicles always look better in photo's by the way !

Latest posts