Side Ladder

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gas1man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Dormobile
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caravan-Motorhome-Aluminium-Reach-steps-chrome-vans-universal-rear-roof-Ladder/302438209617?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Spotted this on Flea bay and am genuinely interested, does anybody have any experience with one?
The only reason I would get one is so I can access both roof racks to put the covers on.

I will not mount to the bus , but adapt so I can access from both sides by just hooking and unhooking from the side rail of the roof rack.

This looked a bit to cheap and then I read the last 2 lines in the ad. :( :(
What do you people think. "To good to be true usually is".

Just thought I would ask.

J & P
:D :D :D

This type of ladder looks to be the type that is supported on the top AND the bottom by bolting to the surface, hence I would imagine most of its strength is indeed not inherent but inherited from the surface it’s attached to. You may be able to hook it over on the top but I’m guessing the lower bit would be it little more uncertain. The other thing is there’s very little room for your feet without kicking and scuffing your van because it’s so close to it.. Cheapso foldo collapso telescopic surveyors ladders may be more to your cause bud however they’re a little weightier but way more useful not just for your van . An old pair of socks over the ends helps to reduce scuff marks too.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, you’re right about the cheapso usually is bit. :mrgreen:

Latest posts