Single quiet pack doesn’t fit 72?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alwat

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’ve bought a single quiet pack exhaust for my 1972 bay but it doesn’t appear to fit due to the engine support bar. Are there different versions for different years or am I missing something. Thanks in advance for any help

If you bought it from JK go back onto website and look at the comments it seems this is common. I also bought one for my 72 and it fitted although it was less than a gnats nadger in places to the moustache bar. I do remember some pushing and pulling to fit it. Although this isn't much help at least you know it's not just you.

thejinx said:
If you bought it from JK go back onto website and look at the comments it seems this is common. I also bought one for my 72 and it fitted although it was less than a gnats nadger in places to the moustache bar. I do remember some pushing and pulling to fit it. Although this isn't much help at least you know it's not just you.

Ozziedog,,,,,,, what he said ^^^ plus most zoooorsts :!:

ive got the twin version and it the same. Its welded up badly and out of square so one exhaust tip is under van and other is 4" out the back if I try and even it up it either hits moustache bar or pops off the heat exchanger. Might be going back to stock

Simple really, Most 4 into 1 headers and silencers are originally designed for beetles which don’t have engine bars.

atafonso said:
I have used the stainless version of the QP from JK a few times and it fits ok with some fiddling. The clamps tend to sit on the bar but with a bit of work it can be done.
Abel

Yeah they are nice to be fair. I fitted 1 to a customers bus and the only issue was the angle the flange was welded on. His bus is pretty low and pointed down towards floor. Cut it off and re welded it so it’s parallel with the bumper. Ran better and sounded way nicer than the Vintage speed it replaced

Latest posts