Sliding door help

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J4yman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Dormobile
Today I decided to swap the plastic guide on the middle sping hindge. I cleaned it up and made sure it was completely cleaned. So when I was cleaning the hinge I noticed that there was a stamp which had 79 on it. The actual door need some adjustment but it got me thinking. If this is a later door, the same year as the 79 on the hinge then can it be adjusted to fit. Are all side doors the same or athe they different. I have a 72 crossover. All help will be greatly recieved. I also need how to adjust to get the top right(as you look from the outside) to fit as the gap is more there than anywhere or do I need to change the door.

That's great. impressive detail too. Do you have any info on rear hatch adjustment. I have been told that the latch should click twice but mine just slams and even when I close it slowely it's just one click. Maybe someone is referring to a late bay. I have been trying for hours to get it right but no use.

That's great. impressive detail too. Do you have any info on rear hatch adjustment. I have been told that the latch should click twice but mine just slams and even when I close it slowely it's just one click. Maybe someone is referring to a late bay. I have been trying for hours to get it right but no use.
Sorry, rear hatch just pushes shut there's no two stage latching.

Latest posts