Sliding Door - lower rollers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angus

Reaction score
My sliding door needs lots of adjustment to fit properly, but the lower rollers (on the 'front' lower corner of the door) need some TLC - the roller that guides 'in/out' along the runner is fine (the horizontal one) but the one that guides 'up/down' has a buggered bearing.

Amazingly the cost of these seems to be about £8 for the one I don't need, and about £40 for the one I do need!!!!

I also see you can get 'new' complete brackets and rollers for about £50-60, although in some cases these seem to have nylon rollers....

So what should I do - keep my 'original' bracket and swallow the ridiculous price for a single roller, or just get a complete unit...?

Also - just to check - am I correct in the saying that the up/down roller is actually at a slight angle, as opposed to being 90 degrees to the other - or has my 'axle' bent?

I have good used 1 for a LHD bus with the sliding door on the right hand side that i can sell you for 30 US shipped. it would usually take 7-10 days to get to you pm me if interested or send your email and i can send you a picture of the 1 i have.

yes the up/down roller is at a slight angle

Dirty Harry said:
I got a NOS for sale, i see if i can dig up some pics.

Harry

DSC01338.jpg

DSC01339.jpg

Many thanks guys - now sorted.
90% of mine is fine - just that pesky lower roller!
I've bought a replacement one for now as a quick fix. Sadly I like to keep the 'original' bits on the van, so may well get a new roller, or source a bearing, for mine in the future - cheers though.

Latest posts