• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD - 1971 Early Bay Devon Pop Top for Sale - Project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesabell1978

Reaction score
1971 Early Bay Camper for Sale - Restoration Project no engine, no rear interior

Due to 3 kids and an increasingly hectic work pattern I have come to the realisation that by the time I finish the bus I will not get to enjoy it for the reason I got it. I have decided to focus on our beetle instead.

This was purchased in 2013 and has been garaged since, when I purchased the bus the front beam had been lowered by an animal, cut and turned having been dangerously welded, the engine was also coating anyone behind in a film of oil, I commissioned Dan Simpson to build a 1776 engine which is for sale separately never having been fitted and I set about starting a restoration. As such this bus has

-Weedeater 2 front beam, new Meyle ball joints, remanufactured callipers both sides and Gaz 475mm adjustable shock absorbers
-The battery tray and offside tray have been replaced as they were showing their age, and the entire engine bay has been preped and sprayed in Sierra Yellow cellulose, the colour I intended the bus to be.
-The front has had a new floor, drivers side section welded.
-Fuel tank has been removed, sandblasted, then interior has been coated and exterior sprayed grey.
-Above engine boards and insulation has been replaced
-Gearbox cleaned and painted

The rest of the bus remains pretty much how I purchased it and it was my intention to carry on improving it and fit the new engine and a custom interior, sadly not now the case. The Devon roof requires new bellows, these were torn and I had to remove the top to give me an extra inch and fit it in my previous garage.

Overall this is a sound RHD bus and I am looking for sensible offers around £6.5k and hope someone will take the restoration forward.

The bus is located in Haywards Heath, West Sussex and will require a trailer to move it, please PM for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts