• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD - 71 Dormobile ready for its next adventure

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOM68

Reaction score
The time has come to sell my 71 Dormobile which I have had lots of fun using and never fails to attract interest and admiring looks when we have been camping. The interior is original and fully functional and considering it is 48 years old, still looks god. The original orange fabric is looking tired, however I have throw over similar coloured material which has done the job. Plenty of pictures to show its condition. My good lady hand made replacement curtains all round, including the cab windows which look really nice, however the original curtains although faded etc will come with the van.

Body work overall is really good, it has some small areas of rust or the paint fade, however I had the rear lower corners replaced and work done on the offside main panel, (someone had butchered it to fit a fridge.) The roof has faded slightly and there are a couple of light surface rust areas but nothing that cannot be quickly sorted if you are looking for it to be perfect. The drivers door will need replaced at some point however it still functions as it should, (I have a replacement that is included in the sale. )The bumpers and wheels were powder coated, however they have started to show their age slightly.

It is running a 2007cc with original Weber 40s and a Vintage Speed exhaust, which has a lovely sound to it. The engine was built from all new components by Daz Chandler of Aircooled Performance and I have all the paperwork detailing the various parts used. His workmanship is 2nd to none and the engine runs like a dream, I have had the van sitting on the motorway at 70mph fully loaded with kit, 3 people and it didn’t miss a beat!! The original engine although in parts will be included in the sale. Also with it being the 71 model it has disc brakes up front which makes a massive difference.

I could go on forever about the originality of the van (still has the front and middle belly pans fitted, all the original stickers in the rear window from the previous owners travels and one key that fits all locks! However I will let the photos do the talking. More than happy to discuss any detail of the van either by email or phone, but please no photo collectors or tyre kickers, I don't have the time for it!

Loads of photo can be found here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1aJGRboWDSZANPAe9

Price wise, I am looking at £16500 ono and will include the awning, roof rack and some spare interior parts. Any questions please free to get in touch.

Thanks

Paul

Hi. I’d love to see some pics but the link isn’t working. Any chance of some being posted here or a new link please?
Cheers

After deciding to keep it and use it, realistically it isn’t going to happen. :(

So it is back up for sale.

GOM68 said:
After deciding to keep it and use it, realistically it isn’t going to happen. :(

So it is back up for sale.
Shame. Could you fix the link for the photos please. My brother is looking for an early.

Thanks. Interesting comparing yours to mine. You still have all the original furniture, cooler box, cooker, etc which is nice.
I'll have a word with my brother and see what he thinks.

Hi, If your camper is still for sale could you please give me a ring on 07879652635.
Thanks Barry

Latest posts