• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

**SOLD, SOLD, SOLD***

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buddysbuddy

Reaction score
I am selling my beloved 1969 VW Camper.

I have been on an emotional journey with this van, trying decide whether to sell or not, and now I have made my mind up and he has to go.

I have owned 'Buddy' for 10 years now and have spent the past 8 years undertaking a refurbishment of the van to bring him to his current state.

Unfortunately, my circumstances have changed and there is no place for Buddy in my life, so he needs a new home to love and use him for the purpose he was intended.

I have listed as much detail on the specification as I can think of, Buddy also comes with a photographic history album and there is a link to his very own Instagram account should you wish to see more.

www.instagram.com/buddy1969westy

I also have a thread on here from my history with Buddy:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8034

Buddy is a van built to be used, not a show pony - whilst he is lovely and, in my opinion, up there with some of the nicest around.

Despite the recent law changes for Classic Vehicles, I have taken Buddy through the MOT system to ensure safety. He passed 1st time. MOT expires in June 2019.

Take a look at the spec list:
• Engine
· 1600 Twin-port engine, stripped and serviced with new parts, block painted in VHT silver, chrome dressing. Original and complete tin-ware, sand-blasted and powder coated forest green installed with stainless steel bolts. Original working bellows thermostat, cooling flaps installed and operational.
• Fuel and Induction
· Standard solex carb, connected to original and stock oil bath air filter. Stock mechanical fuel pump, brand new R9 steel braided hose installed December 2017, fuel filter installed under the car outside the engine bay between fuel tank and fuel pump. Original tank removed, cleaned and re-installed, stock non-locking filler cap.
• Wheels
· 5x205 ‘wide 5’ 15” ‘Empi’ style 5 spoke alloys, powder-coated in dark silver with 185x60x15 good tyres. Chrome centre caps and chrome wheel nut caps. Also supplied with a set of ratty OG 14” 5x205 ‘wide 5’ steels with tyres.
• Body and Chassis
· All original body panels, including tailgate, engine hatch, cab doors and sliding doors, small metal repair around windscreen following years of perished rubber in the USA, small metal repair to lower front section. Body painted in 6019 Pastel Green (to waistline) and L90D Pastel White top half to roof line. Chassis in excellent order, typical dry state import with no welding ever done or required.
• Trim and Accessories
· Original front badge, powder coated in dark silver to march wheels, original ‘Volkswagen’ script to tailgate, ALL handles original and operational on single key. All hinges and mechs stripped and serviced. All re-attached with stainless steel bolts and screws. Stainless steel door mirrors, wiper arms and blade. 2 bow roof-rack, make unknown painted in 6019 pastel green with new wood slats installed. Original bumpers fitted with stainless bolts, rear bumper splash pans present and new step rubbers to front bumper.
• Interior
· Original door handles and window winders to cab doors, grab handles installed to interior. Trim panels covered in cream vinyl throughout. Cab seats covered in TMI Tweed and Cream Vinyl with rear interior covered in Tweed to match. Brand new birch headliner installed. Original US spec padded dashboard, original steering wheel, handbrake level and gearshift (pool ball gear-knob fitted). New plastic glovebox liner. Inertia seatbelts to the front seats, lap belts for the rear supplied but not fitted. Original Throttle pedal and linkage, new throttle and clutch cables. Westfalia SO49 campmobile ‘weekender’ interior fitted – all of which has been newly veneered in light oak with new handles and all trim replaced with brand new. Sink unit has water tank present but not connected. Tap not present. Black cab floor mats (may change prior to sale), rear floor lined and finished with OG ‘style’ vinyl. Rear cargo area carpeted.
• Exhaust
· Just Kampers stainless steel 4 branch header into Stainless steel quiet pack exhaust (sounds lovely). Heat Exchangers present but not connected or set up (never needed them in the summer)
• Brakes
Stock drum brakes all round, stripped and rebuilt.
• Steering and Suspension
· Buddy was imported from the USA, so is left hand drive. Original steering box, untouched so does have some play, but no more than most other campers I would suggest, stock dampers and rods but all new Meyle ball joints fitted. Front axle fitted with Creative Engineering adjusters, set to slightly lower then stock. KYB shocks fitted to front. Stock rear suspension but fitted with Creative Engineering adjustable spring plates set slightly lower than stock.
• Electrical
· Electronic ignition fitted with new coil, Alternator conversion with brand new alternator (and spare) New ignition switch fitted running on same single key as the rest of the van. Original wiper motor stainless arms and blades, original air powered washer bottle with new jets and tubing. Standard gauges, original indicator switch, Original dash switches. Dual fixed aerial, no radio or speakers fitted. Original wiring loom, all earths checked, wiring behind dash tidied secured and labelled. New headlight units fitted, replacement indicator lenses and backs to front, Replacement taillights fitted. Reverse lights converted to rear indicators to retain US red taillight look.
• Transmission
· Stock 4 speed gearbox with new bushes fitted to selector rod. Brand new clutch fitted whilst engine out, original gear-shift with ‘Pool Ball’ 14 green gear knob.
• Windows, Seals and Rubbers
· Original glass all removed and cleaned, except windscreen which was replaced with a new laminated version. All new seals throughout, windows, doors and all hatches. Jalousie ‘louvre’ side windows completely stripped, polished and rebuilt with brand new seals
As previously mentioned, 'Buddy' is not a show car, but he is an incredibly nice bus. Sure to give years of fun, be that at shows, cruises or family trips. Come and take a look, I am certain once you do, you will want to own this fabulous vehicle.

I am open to offers on Buddy, however, this vehicle MUST be viewed, I will not entertain or discuss unseen offers.

Currently advertised for £18,995
Evenings and weekends are best for viewing.
Located in Portishead, near Bristol.
Please PM in the first instance for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts