• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD - Unused 1776 Bus Engine built by Dan Simpson for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesabell1978

Reaction score
1776cc Early Bay engine built by Dan Simpson for my bus project that is unfortunately going no further due to work and family commitments. It has been dry stored in my garage for 5 years never fitted and I have now realised I am not going to get to complete this. Engine turns by hand fine but has only been run with Dan for testing as part of handover. Engine was designed as a high torque engine around 100hp but has never been fitted and put on a rolling road. Engine build pictures and video available. Paid over £6.5k for the engine, looking for £5,500. Location Haywards Heath, West Sussex
Dpr crank assembly
Engle 100 Cam
Mahle b&p kit
Mofoco 042 heads, 40x 35.5 valves
70amp alternator and stand
Bosch 12volt blue coil
Genuine VW Fan Hub Kit
Twin Port Cooling Fan
New best quality heat exchangers from VWH powder coated grey
All new tinware powder coated black
123 Distributor
Twin Dellorto Carbs
Vintage Speed Exhaust
External Oil Filter connections
Comes with assorted fittings including oil filter and connector, flexible heater tube connectors, engine mounts, first service kit, 3 psi petrol pump and filter, fuel cut-off solenoid, ethanol resistant fuel line,

Latest posts