• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

solid rear hatch wanted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistachio

Reaction score
hi all,
i'm looking for a solid rear hatch for my '69' panel van.
don't know if any more info is needed.
e.g it's blue and farts a bit in the cold! :lol:

i have a hatch from my 72 but dont know if its the same as 69??
after christmas pm me and i will do pics for you
if interested and it fits?
think its fairly good?
cheers

they change for 72 crossdressing vw designers thought it`d be a good idea to confuse everyone.i`ll see if i can dig out some pics otherwise its the triangular door catch that when removed gives the game away

May be wrong but I think what Dave is looking for is a solid rear hatch without the window as he uses the van for business

Graham L said:
May be wrong but I think what Dave is looking for is a solid rear hatch without the window as he uses the van for

graham's right, its a hatch without a window i need. should have said that at the start! sorry for the confusion.

I have a solid rear hatch from a lat bay, '76 I think.
It's from a Katastrophshutz wagon (bright orange) and is mint condition.
Stuart.

If you didn't manage to find one, there's a few pics on this site of a homemade one that looks half decent: http://www.vintagebus.com/howto/hatch.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stuartrolfe said:
I have a solid rear hatch from a lat bay, '76 I think.
It's from a Katastrophshutz wagon (bright orange) and is mint condition.
Stuart.

Thanks for the offer Stuart, from what i.ve been told on here, you're late hatch won't fit my van. I think it to do with the bracket holes? Can you send some pictures of the hatch and the brackets. Thanks, Dave

Latest posts