• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Some advice please on what to sell my camper for

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lenelby

Reaction score
Hi I'm selling my much beloved early bay, but want to make sure I'm asking a fair price. I've been told what to ask but I don't want to scare people off as I actually want to sell it.

It's had a new engine and a custom built interior by a cabinet maker to our spec, plus the van is is very spotless with only a few little rust bubbles appearing, but it is 1971 so understandable for the age. Could you take a look at the photos and let me know what you think a good market price is for a van in this condition.

Some images

photo1.JPG

photo2.JPG

photo3.JPG

photo4.JPG

photo5.JPG

photo6.JPG

photo7.JPG

Cheers Neil

Thanks for that, it's kind of what I was thinking but I guess I just need to here it from a few other people to make sure I'm not scaring people off.

Take a look at Ebay and this months Camper & Bus mag.
Believe me, 12 k wont scare people (those in the market at that price range) off.

Rich

Thanks for that, I think it's around that mark and looking around there is far worse out there fetching good money!

Nice bus! but then I would say that because it looks just like mine! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

on a more serious note, I think the other guys here are right on the money... advertise it for a little more with a view to staying on the right side of 12k... it's worth it all day long fella and I wouldn't take a penny less!

rev-al said:
Been looking quite closely at prices of late - I'd guess you could be looking at about £11,995 ?
?

I'd agree with that. Love the interior, westy but with a unique twist! 8)

Cheers fella. Took a while to get it like that and all my pocket money!

as you were genuinely asking a price and it wasnt one of those cheeky "how much is my bus worth, i might sell it" posts in the general section ;) I've moved the post, you will need a firm price and location please. good luck with the sale

Got me going this has, as I've got a good Westy but need a Bus (more seats for day trips), could sell and then easily afford a proper Bus with knobs on -
..........stop it will you, only just finished the Pop-Top Westy :?

depends how quickly and how fast you need to sell it. just sold my devon today asked a very fair price for the bus (possibly under priced) but the first person who looked at it had and paid the full asking price. i sold it for less than some vans needing welding are advertised for but how long are they up for sale for? had to sell one of my campers but was hoping the other one would sell first, but thats the way the cookie crumbles :roll: still advertising the other one though it's on ebay so might aswell let it go the course.

Latest posts