Some one is trying to sell my van ilegally

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lenelby

Reaction score
Hi

Please beware someone is trying to sell my van Illegally on Gum tree and Ebay (Item number 190680942541). I gave a buyer lot's information who then disapeared but took this and is advertising it. He has been reported to both, but it's still there as Ebay Response was we'll do it pretty much when we feel like it.

Neil

If you clicked the "report this item" button on the ebay ad page, they usually delete shonky ads within a few hours. Don't stress it will be gone soon and the low life will move on to his next victim.

I just reported it on ebay too. It will be gone by tonight.

I'm really shocked as the buyer was really nice and friendly and made all the the right noises. What's really scary is they asked for the guys passport who was going to buy it for 4k before he came to look which put him off. He then found mine which is for sale and twigged.

There are some very horrible people people around!

Listing has ended!

Hopefully the fake seller has had his collar felt!

StuF said:
Listing has ended!

Hopefully the fake seller has had his collar felt!

I doubt it. He'll just move on and hack the next victims account. No big deal for these scammers.

This is scary! we've been buying and selling on ebay for years and never experienced anyhing like this - until we started looking for a camper...

Out of 6 campers we contacted, two were scams like this one, and one guy increased the price by £1500 after agreeing the price before driving 3 hours to view it.

The one scam was very believable, and any one more trusting than us may well have fell for it! We contacted them via a 'classified' listing and recieved an email within the hour. We asked for pics and more info that was provided, but he was putting off viewing. Next, we recieved a very convincing email from 'ebay' saying that we had provisionally won the item, and to secure we needed to pay. The terms were we pay the asking price into an 'ebay' holding account, view the vehicle, and if happy release the funds - at this point we reported it to ebay and it was removed.

At the end of the day, if it seems too good to be true, it most probably is!

Its worrying that ebay accounts are becoming so easy to hack...

I saw a 2good2 be true camper on ebay a while back said to message him your e-mail address for more pictures
but as listing stated was in same town as me i did send my email address and where he lived but as prob aware never got any reply
looked into it found it was a scam to get your email details then crack your login details etc to get into paypal account!!!!
luckly nothing has happend so far to me
so never send your email adress for more picture on ebay

Not as bad as finding half your stolen land rover forsale on there :-(.... Ebay seems to be getting worse

a lot of vans sell an pop up a few months later as bargins I've noticed loads over the last year popping up.. an usually in London too then use the excuse out at work an never around etc to try an coax people in..

I noticed when buying mine a few years ago 99% of genuine sellers want you to come an have a look around.. So much so one wouldn't let me bid without a viewing first.. but locally (or unusually) the van i have now came up an i got it (funny storey to it too)

Dave

Had my old van advert re apear on e bay than when i tried to contact fake seller they tried hacking my e bay account and had to change my passwords than 2 years later (yes) on preloved it apeared again!

you are not even under any legal obligation to buy a van even if you do win on Ebay if the van is in anyway not as described (ie the old rust free chestnut).

I learnt that off 'Wheeler Dealers' :lol:

Latest posts