South African 1969.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barneybrendan said:
Get that panel van done after

It's been on my mind all day mate. Can't let it go after all this time. It will be done one day. Don't mention it to my wife she thinks it's being sold!

Glad to hear you are keeping the van.

Shhhh

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Some of the parts I had for the panel restoration moving them to my rented garage to clear some space at home. Forgot how many parts I had collected and how much money I have in it. Rear bumper wasn't cheap and front bumper steps in solid condition were expensive. Time spent now will be worth it as I can't move in my garage and it takes the pleasure out of tinkering when you spend all your time moving parts.

Quick update on my bus it has been in storage for two year's with no engine in. We picked her up a fortnight ago the roof is now cut for pop top, engine back in and running but along way to go yet to be a camper. Hopefully an update won't take as long this time on her progress.

Attachments

• 20220310_132232.jpg
    20220310_132232.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 8
  • jpcnkt.jpg
    jpcnkt.jpg
    424.9 KB · Views: 8
Been using the bus on sunny days for the last few months and on the whole it's been good. A few niggles to sort. I have not had the tracking set since 20220317_153741.jpg the ball joints track rods etc were replaced so will look into this soon. The 2007cc engine runs well but would like a rolling road session just to make sure it's as good as it can be.

My 69 bus is exactly the same, was a school minibus from SA, someone painted the top half white, I've kept it the same when I resprayed it. It had an original 1600 in when shipped over in 2011, the PO put a 1776 in, which is a good engine.
20210912_161944 (1).jpg

Been using the bus on sunny days for the last few months and on the whole it's been good. A few niggles to sort. I have not had the tracking set since View attachment 2407 the ball joints track rods etc were replaced so will look into this soon. The 2007cc engine runs well but would like a rolling road session just to make sure it's as good as it can be.
Do you have twin carbs? A rolling road is definitely a good idea to get it set up right. Make sure you go to someone who knows about Aircooled engines.

Do you have twin carbs? A rolling road is definitely a good idea to get it set up right. Make sure you go to someone who knows about Aircooled engines.
Yes twin carbs. Just messaged rawspeed tuning in Plymouth. He has a great reputation and really knows his stuff. Should be on the rolling road next week. As I said it is running well but I just want to have someone knowledgeable give it a health check.

Local classic car show on fathers day. Nice single cab parked up beside me.

Attachments

• IMG-20220622-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220622-WA0000.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 10
It had a change of jet size and one of the idle valves was blocked. Made 90bhp at the wheels on the last run, I think that was 4 more than the first. I didn't stay and watch I went for a McDonald's breakfast instead!

Its 2027cc twin 36 dellorto carbs, vintage speed exhaust, cb heads and a 6 rib gearbox. I got it from a forum member years ago and it's been sat in the garage since. Graham at rawspeed said it seems like a good engine so I am happy. It wasn't very expensive at the time but Graham said things are much more expensive now.

Latest posts