Spraying plastic vw badges

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

Bobster

Reaction score
On the back if the removing vw badges thread. My bus currently has an unpainted plastic badge on the front and I was wondering if anyone had had any success in spraying these silver or similar ?

magoo

Reaction score
Are you talking about your large VW emblem/ badge? I don't think any of those metallic paints look good. You would need to use modellers spray paint for the plastic.

Cheaper to buy of those repro plastic chrome badges.

Bobster

Reaction score
magoo said:
Are you talking about your large VW emblem/ badge? I don't think any of those metallic paints look good. You would need to use modellers spray paint for the plastic.

Cheaper to buy of those repro plastic chrome badges.

Cheers matey, I'll take a look at them as the grey plastic one on at the mo looks duff !

magoo

Reaction score
Here's a link to the coolair badges, £20 for plastic chrome. The only thing you need to check is what clips are required. My plastic badge used black late bay clips. The holes in the bus should be the same.

http://www.coolairvw.co.uk/Category/0/Shop_by_Vehicle~Baywindow_Products~Baywindow_Body_Products~Body_Mouldings_-P-_Trim~Badges.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bobster

Reaction score
magoo said:
Here's a link to the coolair badges, £20 for plastic chrome. The only thing you need to check is what clips are required. My plastic badge used black late bay clips. The holes in the bus should be the same.

http://www.coolairvw.co.uk/Category/0/Shop_by_Vehicle~Baywindow_Products~Baywindow_Body_Products~Body_Mouldings_-P-_Trim~Badges.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is that one not for a late bay though ?

magoo

Reaction score
I don't think it matters. The bus I bought had a late bay badge and clips on it. As long as it's ten inches.

Although I've since bought an OG badge and going the expensive route.

Latest posts