Steps (Tragedy, when the feelings gone and you can't go on)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisavx

Reaction score
Haha bet you've got that in your head now

We've been away this weekend and I've noticed my knees creaking as I get out of the van. It's quite high and not lowered at all. Does anyone have a step fitted and can offer any suggestions or opinions? Do you have a JK one? Do you crack your shins on it? Have you gone arse over tit on it in the rain? Anyone with a foldaway step? Or one of those cheap plastic folding kids ones?

Just doing some due dilligance before I buy.

Cheers, Lisa 🤙🏻

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Getting into the bus is as important. My daughter stood on the step, got it wrong, banged her head on the metal above the sliding door, smacked her teeth off the lager bottle she was carrying and began to cry because she thought she’d lost her front teeth....she didn’t. But had toothache for a couple of days. Serious question you’ve asked. Ergonomically very apt. “Tragedy, when the feelings gone and you can’t go on it’s ”........you started a loop or worm or something! Thanks...🤕

Lisa, get some stilettos or platforms, you already got a little step don’t you? I would suggest some multi flavour oil that you can get from Halfords in a big green tin for classic vehickles but you must get the mineral based one as that fully synthetic stuff ain’t a lot of good for us over twenty fives, rub it into them knees twice a day and that might help with the knee creak fiasco, or maybe ibuprofen . As sure as eggs is eggs, if you add another moveable thing into the equation, it’s bound to slip out of the way somewhere in time and you’re gonna end up in a heap thinking “” That bastardo Ozzie said this would happen”” while you’re trying to save any scraps of dignity that may possibly still exist and disentangle yourself and your sanity and the sliding door runner at the same time whilst still trying to look cool as ;)
You could a,ways try the alternative and lay off the juice for a bit :( :lol: :lol: :lol: :(

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, welcome to the creakster club, it’s just great :mrgreen:

graysummers said:
Getting into the bus is as important. My daughter stood on the step, got it wrong, banged her head on the metal above the sliding door, smacked her teeth off the lager bottle she was carrying and began to cry because she thought she’d lost her front teeth....she didn’t. But had toothache for a couple of days. Serious question you’ve asked. Ergonomically very apt. “Tragedy, when the feelings gone and you can’t go on it’s ”........you started a loop or worm or something! Thanks...[emoji856]
Eeek! That sounds like something I'd do! Glad it didn't involve a trip to the dentist. Did she spill any beer?!

That sounds like one for sorrow and better best forgotten 🤣[emoji23]
69ca4c4539770dd675143397b48afadf.jpg

ozziedog said:
Lisa, get some stilettos or platforms, you already got a little step don’t you? I would suggest some multi flavour oil that you can get from Halfords in a big green tin for classic vehickles but you must get the mineral based one as that fully synthetic stuff ain’t a lot of good for us over twenty fives, rub it into them knees twice a day and that might help with the knee creak fiasco, or maybe ibuprofen . As sure as eggs is eggs, if you add another moveable thing into the equation, it’s bound to slip out of the way somewhere in time and you’re gonna end up in a heap thinking “” That bastardo Ozzie said this would happen”” while you’re trying to save any scraps of dignity that may possibly still exist and disentangle yourself and your sanity and the sliding door runner at the same time whilst still trying to look cool as ;)
You could a,ways try the alternative and lay off the juice for a bit :( [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] :(

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, welcome to the creakster club, it’s just great :mrgreen:

Me and stilettos would definitely result in broken bones! I've got that big green tin here! 2 spoons a day? That'll last me a while mmmmmm

I've ordered one of those long steps that fit the jacking points. Hopefully my future dismounts will be more graceful and I won't land on my arse! And that's before I even look at the juice! [emoji482]

...... and I'm only 42 [emoji70]

Well. She wasn’t ‘overjoyed ‘. The bruise on her lip was ‘a deeper shade of blue’. For you? ‘If you believe’ you’ll buy the right ‘steps’, ‘turn around ‘ and listen to ‘words of wisdom ‘. The cheap price of plastic ones may be ‘too weak to resist ‘. But ‘stomp’ on them or ‘you’ll be sorry’ if they’re ‘better best forgotten’ as they are impractical for the ‘human touch’. ‘If you believe’, ‘hand on heart ‘ that you can afford pricier metal ones, then it ‘wouldn’t hurt so bad ‘ if ‘movin’ on’ to them keeps you ‘happy’. Mind you! ‘Better the devil you know’. The ‘space between (b)us’ and floor (groan) May be easier if you get someone to ‘be your hero ‘ and give you a helping hand. Don’t think I’ll ‘never get over you!’ Think ‘steptro’ to the inside, ‘make it easy on me’ and ‘never say never again’. 🤪

You've overSTEPped the mark there [emoji23]🤣[emoji23]🤣

You win [emoji471][emoji966]

New step should be here tomorrow and I'll give it a thorough test this weekend when we're in Garstang. [emoji1303]🤙🏻

I purchased a step/stool from draper tools.
Heavy duty strong plastic, and it folds flat.£21,81 on line.
Does the job just right.
Tony

Step installed and seems to be working fine. Slammed my head the very first time i stepped in cos I forgot to duck [emoji37] but I've got the hang of it now [emoji23]🤙🏻
ec08234d31fabcc89caf874115f5feb6.jpg

Exactly what my Mrs would do ... I was considering getting her a boxing head guard as she bangs her head that often. We’ve got a straight-up pop top but makes no difference, wouldn’t mind,
my head’s twice the size [emoji23][emoji23]

Step looks fab [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha my partner suggested lagging the bit above the door with the stuff they use on scaffolding poles but a head guard would probably be better. I'm forever conking my head [emoji856]

Latest posts