Stroker Engine builders - what size is standard width?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubdubz

Reaction score
There is a longer story but its dull and involves trying to build a house....so 2021 will be year of Bus

My bus has a 1745cc - which is ok - but I have always hankered after more CC's

I want to keep the 76mm crank and rods as they are all dynamically balanced by John Maher.

But I do know getting the tinware to fit was a PITA - so I wanted to know what size I could goto and keep the engine stock width in terms of tinware?
I searched the interwebs and granted I probably used the wrong phrase or words but it was a fruitless [almost] waste of a Sunday afternoon!

So options I think are
76 x 90.5 = 1956
76 x 92[thickwall] = 2021
76 x 94 = 2110

or keep my money in the bank - get digits out of my arse and do the EFI first!

thx

I've never had to adjust the tinware on any of my stroker engines. Both my current ones are 76x94 and 80x92 and standard width.
Are you using the correct stroker pistons with the different gudgeon pin placement?

sparkywig said:
I've never had to adjust the tinware on any of my stroker engines. Both my current ones are 76x94 and 80x92 and standard width.
Are you using the correct stroker pistons with the different gudgeon pin placement?

not bought any top end stuff yet - so all I need to do is make sure I buy the right ones but CB perf make it tricky

as they seem to categorize upto 76 and the 78 and beyond?

https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/1025.htm
versus
https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/1026.htm

sparkywig said:
I've bought the majority of my engine parts from Jo at RJ Volks Performance, give them a shout for some advice.

www.rjvolksperformance.com

thanks for the suggestion...I see they do 94 cases...mmmmm maybe I buy a new case and build a good 1600 to sell as part of cost recovery?

Any size engine can be stock width if you do the maths properly, use stroker pistons and the correct length rods.

My 2110 90.5x82 with 5.5” rods is stock width and the tinware fits perfectly. The 2387 in my mates race car has an 86mm crank and is pretty much stock width.

K@rlos said:
Any size engine can be stock width if you do the maths properly, use stroker pistons and the correct length rods.

My 2110 90.5x82 with 5.5” rods is stock width and the tinware fits perfectly. The 2387 in my mates race car has an 86mm crank and is pretty much stock width.

Thanks K@rlos when you say maths ? is this posted somewhere? been awhile since I looked at anything engine related and clearly my 1745 - as you cannot get stroker 85.5's :lol:

this is sounding like a lot of effort now - I was hoping it would be simple LOL

Yes you can...

https://vwparts.aircooled.net/STROKER-Piston-Cylinder-Set-85-5mm-x-82mm-Cast-p/85.5x82cc.htm

However, if you’re gonna fork out for stroker pistons pay a few quid more and get 90.5’s then you’ll have a 1904. They have a nice, thick cylinder wall so will it built right you’ll get many happy miles over motoring.

By maths I meant working out the deck height, combustion chamber cc.

Latest posts