• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Stunning 1971 Early Bay Westfalia - LHD Californian Import

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyheaps

Reaction score
**PRICE REDUCED FROM £17,250 TO £16,500**

We’re reluctantly selling our beloved 1971, early bay / low light T2 Westy.

We’ve owned him since 2008 and was imported in 2006 by the previous owner. Until then he'd been in California (San Francisco) so the body has always been in great condition

The pictures show the great condition he’s in and is a brilliant example of an early bay.
MOTd until April 2017 (no advisories)
New twin-carb engine and battery fitted in 2013 and less than 5000 miles done since then
All import documentation included
Always kept it garaged when not being used
Last serviced <1500 miles ago
Leisure battery
Fiamma 2 bike rack included
Gas heater and safe fitted
Tax exempt
Waxoyled underneath
Original detachable canvas 'beds' included (for the roof & front seat)
We’ve had several road trips around Europe, and plenty all over the UK without issue - this really is a fine example of an early bay and a great, reliable bus. It runs great and the engine has just a few thousand miles on the new engine (we have all the engine documentation)

The bodywork is in great condition - A small patch of bubbled paintwork on the tailgate and a patch of rust on the rear arch / sill - are the only things of note.

The interior is in great condition too:
Sink / fridge unit
Fold out table
Spice rack
Rock n roll bed
Westfalia wardrobe / cupboard / overhead unit
Rear seats have seatbelts fitted
He's been used as a wedding car in recent years - that should give you an idea of how well presented, and how much of a head turner he is! And of course ready to be driven away and used right away so perfect timing for summer.

I have more closeup pictures (inside and out) which I can send over if needed but you really need to come and see in person to properly appreciate. There's probably loads of other stuff I've missed so again please message me with any questions.

Also the owner of the garage (Accrington Beetles & Campers) that has serviced, MOTd, fitted the new engine and generally looked after our van for the past 4 years is prepared to talk to any prospective buyers to provide an independent opinion.

Bank transfer only, and overseas buyers will need to collect.

£16,500 ovno - priced to sell
Located north of Manchester
Contact me (andy) on 07889 725 160

van1_zps8rkxdxsg.jpg

van2_zpsce8okduw.jpg

van10_zps4olnholy.jpg

van3_zpsjh3dl7v7.jpg

van9_zpsy6regkwm.jpg

van8_zpsbwnridag.jpg

van6_zpsf8sh4n5b.jpg

van14_zpssk2t3txs.jpg

van12_zps07uv2oxp.jpg