The BWA Westy ongoing.........

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r73

Reaction score
Work in progress - getting ready for MOT and UK reg..........

DSC02477.jpg

DSC02478.jpg

GetAttachment2.jpg

GetAttachment7.jpg

GetAttachment5.jpg

really need to figure out this posting of photos business............
driving me mad really - not that computer literate - just taken me 5 minutes to type this!!!!
gotta laugh :lol:

seriously, how are you supposed to post pics?? i have set up photobox acc. copied pisture and clicked img but paste is not an option when i right click in msg. tried copying shortcut to photobox and that comes up with what you see, nothing but a red cross.

can anyone explain please in really simple instructions, last computer lesson i had was on a BBC micro!!

Not to be smarty pants here but take a look at this link , it's easy :D
Took me a while to figure it out too.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=602" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks ib-bus!!

It is indeed very easy from PHOTOBUCKET - It is however a hell of a harder from PHOTOBOX which is what I was trying before I actually read the article on how to post pics correctly!!

Attention to detail :oops:

Nice westy bud what jobs you got to do for mot.how long you had it.

cheers bud - only had her about a week now.
i've sorted out the wiring, cv joints, brakes, gearchange bushes, tyres, leaking exhaust, new windscreen, oh and chucked on a progressive weber.

so ready for MOT now - hopefully get done on tuesday, then off to DVLA for paperwork (fingers crossed.

next jobs are new canvas, tidy up the interior, split charge, repaint the poptop (gel coat worn through to glass fibres)!! double bed up top etc etc.

least then we can use her, future plans, lowering, wheels, and paint.

lovin it so far..............

Nice Westy, looks good with the bling bumpers 8) not seen chrome overiders before either.

Just

Yeah, wasnt sure about the bumpers at first, but quite like em now, not seen chrome over riders before either!!
Hope to get the Mot this week :?

Good looking bus, is that a repro westy interior or has it been re-veenered??

Don't forget lights for the MOT, you need headlamps that dip the correct way and sidelights in the headlights not in the indicators, also you need the rear lights sorted you cannot run with red indicators, most people swap the indicators into the reverse lights with orange bulbs.

Graham L said:
Good looking bus, is that a repro westy interior or has it been re-veenered??

Don't forget lights for the MOT, you need headlamps that dip the correct way and sidelights in the headlights not in the indicators, also you need the rear lights sorted you cannot run with red indicators, most people swap the indicators into the reverse lights with orange bulbs.

most of the interior has been redone in solid oak (westy style) some is oak veneer.
yeah, lights are sorted thanks mate, new sealed beam units and indicators in reverse lights......
just gotta get out there now!

'Rocky' is now MOt'd and Reg'd up!!
Pics of first trip................................
DSC02689.jpg

DSC02690.jpg

DSC02692.jpg

The guardian of our bus.....
DSC02697.jpg

Glad you got it done and looks like you are enjoying it :mrgreen:

Have you managed to do any other work yet??

gninnam said:
Glad you got it done and looks like you are enjoying it :mrgreen:

Have you managed to do any other work yet??

Yeah, wired up some guages and started on the leisure battery circuit, running fusebox in buddy seat for int. lights, 12v and stereo and inverter.

done the welding, nothing much just the back of the front wheel arches
DSC02680.jpg

DSC02679.jpg

fitted replacement luggage rack and prepped, painted pop top and rack - took ages!!
new canvas c&c great quality
started fitting continental bed - need some help though. not sure best way to make bracket for headboard (didnt come with one)
and i dont want to drill through the roof for the front hinges so any ideas here??

the pop top doesnt close as well as it did onto the luggage rack with the bed up there now - thinking about fitting some extra rubber thingies at the back on both sides.

fitted a 32/36 weber cos it was available and it came with a 30 pic solex - dont really like it tho!! saving up for twin 40's :mrgreen:
next job lowering!! dont want anything too drastic (well i do really,but want to keep it practical with 5 us doing long trips, what do you guys reckon dropped spindles??? what about the rear?
keep you posted....................

Anyone shed any light on a small problem i'm having with the continental bed??
when the bed is pulled to the back of the bus where it should be - when you close the poptop the hinges catch on the bed brackets that rest in the aperture? in the pic i have pulled the hinges inside the bed brackets - if the bed is any nearer the front the poptop doesnt drop down enough.
Any help - guidance appreciated, cheers

DSC02803.jpg

Latest posts