The BWA Westy ongoing.........

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
creationblue said:
That saved you a few ££s thats for sure!, you going back to stock then?

yeah - for now anyway :( it will give me some thinking time, i dont want to spend anymore money on the suspension at the moment, there's other things that need doing first :roll:

r73 said:
creationblue said:

yeah - for now anyway :( it will give me some thinking time, i dont want to spend anymore money on the suspension at the moment, there's other things that need doing first :roll:

More important to get away in the bus me thinks anyway mate whether is stock or low.................roll on August!

creationblue said:
r73 said:
creationblue said:

More important to get away in the bus me thinks anyway mate whether is stock or low.................roll on Easter!

:D

More important to get away in the bus me thinks anyway mate whether is stock or low.................roll on Easter![/quote]

:D[/quote]

DAMN STRAIGHT DUDES :D :D

myvanway 69 said:
Hi just seen ya thread!
Nice van, and nice hol pics. 8)
What was the address & name of the site pictured?
Looks v-nice.
Paul.

Cheers bro
The site is called Tristram, Polzeath. It's our favourite, pricey but worth it.
The pics with the van facing the sea right by the beach is at widemouth bay, (inlaws live there :mrgreen: ) in actual fact were heading down there this Thursday after work 8) in the daily tho :(

Finally got the suspension where i want it! back to stock springplates - not really sure where the back sits on the splines, it was trial and error! but I wanted to level things up a bit so a bit higher than standard on the back with slightly bigger tyres 195R14
front is 185 r14 and krb gr2 shocks which i have to say are a bit hard really it rides a bit choppy but probably a good thing for what ive got planned for the front (watch this space!!)

photo2-2.jpg

bearing in mind we are fully loaded up, awning, BBQ, table, chairs etc etc, and its all soaking wet!, 3 kids in the back and no one in the front

photo4-2.jpg

We headed down to a very wet Dorset for the weekend, got to the end of our road and fuel pump packed up! CB Rotary one. pump body super hot, solenoid clicking but not turning - bit like a dodgy starter solenoid.
anyway - no one round here stocks CB pumps - so either I could have reverted to stock mech pump with regulator for twin dells, bit of a hssle cos ive replaced the tank oulet for a 8mm one so id need a 8-6mm reducer as well.
So i called Beetlelink and had a chat with Grant, who reccomended a german made HUCO pump, so I shot down there and picked it up along with some more 8mm Fuel injection hose, and a new fuel filter.
I mounted the fuel filter where the old CB pump was (over the gearbox) and drilled a couple of holes in front of my FIRETEC bottle in the engine bay and plumbed/wired it up off the coil for now - until i decide the best way (seen some threads about using a relay off the alt with a prime button) want to incorporate the switch on my FIRETEC as well so it stops the pump.
Pump runs real quiet and with no vibration and delivers a pressure of about 2.5psi - cheers Grant - top man 8)

photo2-3.jpg

photo3-3.jpg

fitted a new leisure battery as well!

photo4-3.jpg

So off we go - second time lucky! took 3 hours in the pissing rain but got there with no problems and set up the new Khyam awning

photo1-2.jpg

Late night Peroni sesh :party0046:

photo5.jpg

Hate to admit defeat but we left Dorset a day early - relentless rain :cry: we were the last of group to leave tho!

photo3-2.jpg

Nice work with the pump, could have been worse mate you could have been stuck in the middle of nowhere! Bus looks cool, watching to see the wheel choice 8)

Lets hope thats it for rain for this season :roll:

Cornwall August 2012 pics :D
Had a great trip - did about 800 miles in the end and the only fault to report was the door mirror glass falling out!
Met up with Just (Creation Blue) and Al (Bundy) and their families - and had a right good laugh.
We also passed Olive Bay on the way through Penzance!!
I'm really struggling getting back to work - worst thing was wearing socks and shoes!
Roll on next Summer..........................................................................

7K walk over the Strangles with my kids!
178.jpg

Widemouth Bay
174.jpg

Trabarwith
121-1.jpg

Marhamchurch
120-1.jpg

Trevedra
149.jpg

148.jpg

147.jpg

145.jpg

138.jpg

141.jpg

142.jpg

144.jpg

Sennen
162.jpg

166.jpg

155.jpg

Gwithian
129.jpg

127.jpg

130.jpg

Great times were had 8) you can see Creation Blue and Bundy's buses - KnobRak!
128.jpg

132.jpg

Kids having fun!
134.jpg

Newquay - had to check out boardmasters on the way to Gwithian!
123-1.jpg

hubbswesty said:
Hi... is this still for sale? If so any more recent photos available...

Ta!

Answered in the for sale thread dude

Latest posts