this month's Camper & Bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analord

Reaction score
just got it today and I love that devon sunlander from Jersey.

that is my favourite every bay window (excluding mine of course)

good to see Tim's van in the mag - it featured in our EB line-up at Vanfest last year - seen it close-up - truly superb !

it definitely deserves the adulation, and what a bargain too, its on my sub-zero wall. 8)

Is it the white one that was at Vanfest indoor arena last time on Sunday at the end of the lineup? If so it really is an escellent original Devon,very nice.

no its a totally unrestored devon sunlander (1 year only model making it even rarer) deluxe in sunset (i think) yellow under white, with loads of original period extras. its in absolutely mint condition.

Sounds good,cheers Johnny.You need to change your arrows around now,the box has moved!¬

100_2412.jpg

100_2406.jpg

100_2407.jpg

100_2405.jpg

100_2785.jpg

No Matter how much I like a modified bus I have to marvel at totally original, much loved buses. And it is used for purpose too!

Nice One! 8)

PS. My bus made it into the mag too on the Dubfreeze write up. :shock:

Wow thats an amazing bus. If the paint in the wheel arches is original then it cant have seen much use though. The original VW wax underseal was not bad in its day but it wasnt THAT good :lol:

I steam cleaned all mine off back in 1974 and had it re done with Zeibart and Dinitrol, though stone damage means it has to be checked and touched in as necessary every two years or so.

That said the paint under the sealant is still good but I wouldnt want to run the van without the protection for long.

Nice camper,but if you look at the third picture down what can you see,filler and overspray which is not original.I,am not trying to knock it just point out the facts and i see filler in that pic.

I was parked next to Tims' bus in the main display hall at Vanfest lat year and spent a lot of time ogling it. It is in unbelievable condition and a real rarity and certainly put my Devon to shame. Rikki James and Ivan McCutcheon were perving over it and mentioning a feature so it'll be interesting to read it. ( and I didn't spot any filler!)

Sorry i,am not trying to knock the guys camper and i did'nt take or post the pic.But the third picture down has filler in the wheel arch lip and overspray by the springplate.

stuartrx7 said:
Sorry i,am not trying to knock the guys camper and i did'nt take or post the pic.But the third picture down has filler in the wheel arch lip and overspray by the springplate.

well spotted that man! dint notice that and does pose a few questions :wink:

Very well spotted in deed :!: When I bought the van the old guy did tell me the story. In 1976 after returning from his annual camping trip to France he was waiting to get on the ferry when some french bloke reversed his car into the van. He put a dent in the rear drivers side wheel arch which obviously had to be repaired. I had thought about getting it repaired again but thought it better to leave it as it is all part of the history. The overspray you can see is in fact dirt Im ashamed to say.
I am going to try and get to Vanfest again this year - hope to see you all there. :lol:

Latest posts