Upholstery Quote - reasonable or not?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejones's

Reaction score
Currently working on our 69 deluxe, turning it from a microbus to a camper. Have done all the interior ourselves but now the time has come to sort some seat covers out. Trying to keep the cost down but want it to look its best.
Been quoted allsorts over the phone for recovering our full front bench seat and full width rock and roll cushions.
Finally went to Dave Haden Upholstery in Walsall on recommendation who has quoted us £600 for the lot in a high quality brown vinyl made to our spec inc rock and roll foam.
Is this a good price? Keen to get them sorted.. but trying to do this on budget if possible.
Thanks in advance!

Hi - I was quoted £150 per seat for the front two seats - and from memory cost about £350 to do my rock and roll and buddy seat including the foam on the rear so, depending on quality and assume if you've got a recommendation it's good - then £600 for everything sounds fair to me

Mine was fluted vinyl which makes a difference as they need to make sure they all line up on the two rear seats and base in the boot

Thanks for the reply, we were quoted for fluted all the way across. His work does look good and was recommended by another autotrimmers who couldnt fit us in until Jan next year!

Sounds fair. My two fronts and rear microbus seat (not middle) cost me £550 in vinyl.

Compares to what I paid and was quoted elsewhere.

However I would check whether the front seat covers are loose (ie they slip over your existing covers) or are fully integrated. The latter are much smarter and better finished IMHO. Also check that the quote covers all materials and that there are no hidden costs.

Can he give contact details of satisfied customers?

I got quoted £375 for the rear seats for my van. (6 cushions various sizes from 3/4 wide bed and buddy seat) and then an additional £300 for the two front seats in basic trim with piping.

Made them myself out of corduroy and left the front seats. They look great!!!
:D

niklee1 said:
I got quoted £375 for the rear seats for my van. (6 cushions various sizes from 3/4 wide bed and buddy seat) and then an additional £300 for the two front seats in basic trim with piping.

Checked out your cushions - they look great i wish i could sew!!

just been quoted £320.00 for my 3/4 Dormy bed, £80.00 for foam and £80.00 for each of the 3 parts of the seat. So £600 is fair i would say.

By the way i bought my front covers off fleebay and they were good quality, fitted them myself from a sticky on Just Kampers :msn4:

Give cube upholstery a call 07815 624190.
They did my buddy seat, RnR bed, rear cushion and a cab cot canvas for £290, This included foams but nothing was fluted.
I have seen his fluted work and it's mint.

If you want to see pics of mine I can post some up

Cheers
Sam

I second that for Cube upholstery. Absolutely AWESOME work and unbelievable value for money.

http://www.cubeupholstery.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thejones's said:
niklee1 said:

Checked out your cushions - they look great i wish i could sew!!

Thanks mate keep watching the thread as the van is getting close to being back home so I can put it back together... :D

Latest posts