upholstery service offered

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superstitch

Reaction score
hi guys,

I am setting up an upholstery business at the moment, which i am currently doing at evenings and weekends. I cover seats, beds and door cards. I hope to run this as a full time business soon.

A deposit is needed to cover the initial cost of the materials. There is a link here if you would like to see the work I have already done.

http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/traders-sale-services/ive-taken-up-auto-upholstery-no-i-aint-gay-owt-31541" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cheers ade

Hey superstitch nice work where abouts are you?

The guys on site might well be interested in a good service

hi guys,

Here are some pictures of some recent work. I run the buisness at nights and weekends as i have a full time job during the day.

Seats

2774d82ad903b963.jpg

2774d82ad8e3d0ea.jpg

2774d4891fae08f0.jpg

2774d571fd725636.jpg

2774d699615c5172.jpg

Beds

2774dab5e0871ecb.jpg

2774dc459fca8f1e.jpg

2774dc4586282d8e.jpg

2774db4ac3e043bf.jpg

2774d3f45b5c8fcf.jpg

cheers ade

hi guys , sorry for the short introduction , my 15 y/o son has been doing a lot of web browsing and adding me to the sites , so i thought id put up a little about myself , the names adrian , ade to all that know me , 39 almost 40 , been into hot rods , kustoms and street machines and custom vans of all types since i was about 9. learnt through family members to tig , mig , gas and arc weld , shape steel with body hammers , engine, gearbox and axles rebuild and recently ( around 5 years ago )learnt by chance that i could actually upholster , so i worked out that i could give something back to the car mad world by doing the upholstery , everybody likes to have a go at welding and modifying with tools readily available from halfords and machine mart , but upholstery takes a big investment ( near on a grand ) to set up and a lot of cost if you get it wrong. i own a 1996 vw t4 lwb 2.4 van , a 5 ltr v8 bedford cf1 custom van in the making . i started offering my sevices for upholstery on the vw t4 forum at a reduced labour costs for members , that took off like wildfire , so i thought id like to offer that to other VW nuts also. i work full time as a refrigeration engineer by day and of evenings and weekends i do the upholstery. i hope this gives you guys an insight into who i am and that im not just some spammer looking to make a quick buck. thanks for reading. cheers ade

Hi guys

Here is another style of bed i do.There is a set of seats that match this bed.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

cheers ade

Hi guys here is the web adress for my website for the upholstery and services.

http://www.superstitch-custom-interiors.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ade

Nice work and Midlands local too :D

Do you have standard prices ie how much for a pair of earlybay front seats, door cards etc

Mines all alabaster grey basket weave that looks closer to off biege at the moment :lol:

Evenstar3019 said:
Ade did my interior (seats, doorcards, carpets, cushions - the lot!) and did a fine job!

:)

thanks matt , lookng forward to seeing the van in the flesh at one of the shows , about time yoou got it into one of the van mags , its worthy of a feature with the work youve put into it. ade

iam an upholsterer myself and your work is real nice dude 8)
keep it up :lol: only local too have to have a browse soon ;)

71dormy said:
iam an upholsterer myself and your work is real nice dude 8)
keep it up :lol: only local too have to have a browse soon ;)

cheers buddy , yeah im by the nec in birmingham. ive got to update my website , got more pictures to go on. ade

bit of an update , moving from our workshop at home to a unit more suited for the full retrim servvice. from the new uinit not only will we be offering the retrimming service , but a conversion service also , from simple carpet lining, carpet edgeing to split charge relay to full retrim and fit out service. kitchens , r+r beds, poptop replacment bellows fitting and refrigeration service/repair etc. thanks for looking . ade . discount available to early bay members.

Is the new unit still in the NEC area? Your pretty local to me. Out of interest, do you do custom interior installs? I'm looking to install a flat screen Tv in the rear, that will pop up (motorised) from behind the single seat behind the drivers seat (mine is a LHD) If your able to do this then the job will be yours for the right price, and once i've raised the funds. If not, maybe you have contacts who could possibly take it on? I can send more details (pics etc.) of exactly what i'm looking to achieve if necessary. Feel free to PM me if you can help out at all Ade, cheers.

Foz said:
Is the new unit still in the NEC area? Your pretty local to me. Out of interest, do you do custom interior installs? I'm looking to install a flat screen Tv in the rear, that will pop up (motorised) from behind the single seat behind the drivers seat (mine is a LHD) If your able to do this then the job will be yours for the right price, and once i've raised the funds. If not, maybe you have contacts who could possibly take it on? I can send more details (pics etc.) of exactly what i'm looking to achieve if necessary. Feel free to PM me if you can help out at all Ade, cheers.

hi buddy , yeah the new unit is in the nec area , its not far from junction 9 m42. unfortunatly i wont be set up for a while to be able to the type f installation your asking about , could be a few months yet. theres an email addy on my website if you want to email the pics over , http://www.superstitch-custom-interiors.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . cheers ade

To be honest ade, i'm thinking more like March/April time before i consider getting this done anyway, as long as its ready for the main shows of next year is my main concern!
I'll get some decent snaps of the install location of the bus and send them to you, with some sizes/details etc.
cheers,

Hi guys, here are some pictures of 2 sets of seats that we are working on at the moment.

Here we have a set of 64 splitty seats in red and white marine vinyl.
picture.php

And here we have a set of 73 splitty seats in mocca marine leatherette with citreon green piping which has had all new seat pads.
picture.php

Cheers Ade

Latest posts