Volksworld Show 18-19 March 2023

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That must have been Saturday as there were no EB's (or maybe one perhaps) left on the line-up on Sunday (midday) :(
Yeah, boycie left his van there all weekend as he lives locally. Steve and I were just there Saturday.

Next years info is released …

Includes an internal Porsche display and an external early water cooled VW display.

Attachments

• IMG_0532.jpeg
    IMG_0532.jpeg
    308.3 KB · Views: 0
How many spaces will we get?
Dunno. Standard allocation is 5 but if you can guarantee the attendees they normally give you more.
Our record the last couple of years hasn’t been great but I’m willing to try again. We will have a thread later in the year and see. :)

(I remember turning people down as we had 20 vans guaranteed …. )

Includes an internal Porsche display and an external early water cooled VW display.
Its a NO from me, the reason we stopped trading was that they were going to fill the hall we were in with watercooled displays, other traders also baulked and they backed down.

The introduction of water cooled and Porsches is to fill the spaces left by the club displays that people now have to pay to be part of the show even though they an attraction for visitors.

Backwards thinking, they should be paying clubs to attend so there are more Aircooled vehicles to see.

I didn't think it was going to be at Sandown next year - due to the proposed ULEZ expansion. But... *if* my bus is running I'll be happy to take a spot :)

Its a NO from me, the reason we stopped trading was that they were going to fill the hall we were in with watercooled displays, other traders also baulked and they backed down.

The introduction of water cooled and Porsches is to fill the spaces left by the club displays that people now have to pay to be part of the show even though they an attraction for visitors.

Backwards thinking, they should be paying clubs to attend so there are more Aircooled vehicles to see.
I have sympathy with this, I'm only really interested in a/c VW's and its a shame to see it getting diluted, but I can also see that they have to fill the place and drag in punters if its not taking the money. From what I read its all a/c inside and the w/c will be outside so its not too bad ....
I do very much agree that the charging now to display outside has depleted the benefit of doing so to be in the show when the daft 'VIP' ticket system meant a 'bloody' long day.
All that said, its a good show/weekend and the risk is that it could be gone forever .... we have 'lost' a lot of events to decline and diversification. Be a shame if this went the same way.

Latest posts