• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

VW Baywindow Camper Van Interior 3mm Birch Ply Pop Top Roof

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, just thought you guys might be interested in saving yourself a whole lot of work and checking out the new roof linings we manufacture. They are £100 delivered.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291167527731?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi,I would be interested but would like to know if you've tried fitting them at all? I ask as new ply is rather stiff compared to the westy stuff, and apparently is a bit 'awkward' to pop into the side channels.

neilswheels said:
Hi,I would be interested but would like to know if you've tried fitting them at all? I ask as new ply is rather stiff compared to the westy stuff, and apparently is a bit 'awkward' to pop into the side channels.

I've replaced mine and I cut it myself from 3mm ply, it is a bit awkward and the channels will more than likely 'pop' off and need re-riveting, but in reality what else are you going to use other than new ply to replace your old ply?

I'd probably say you would need to sand the edges down slightly as not all buses will have the channels in the exact same place.

I'd have bought these if they were available when I replaced mine.

This is on my to do list in about a months time and this could save me a load of time, however I'm after confirmation that these will fit mint on an earlybay?? I only ask because on the photos the edge behind the light hole looks straight, whereas I have a protruding part where the sunroof handle can go, also the light cluster seems to be too close to this edge, I've seen other vans with the early factory sunroof hole and they have this protruding part?

I don't want to spend £100 if I'll still have to cut to fit so wondered if you have sold any to people with an earlybay, as I think the later westy had some sort of a different hole??

Thanks in advance

I don't want to spend £100 if I'll still have to cut to fit so wondered if you have sold any to people with an earlybay, as I think the later westy had some sort of a different hole??

I think this is a fair comment, mine needs doing and I have got the templates to do it but would go this way IF they fitted out the box, I don't image cutting the ply is easy with a Jig saw but if you need to fettle them then why not do the whole thing.

I am gonna message the chap and see if the earlies are different?

It should be shaped to fit around the sunroof handle hole you are right so these clearly are not taken off patterns, it will look odd if that piece is exposed.

The ones i brought off a company i don't wish to mention were shocking.... and you had to cut bits out etc... and the grain didn't follow.... and there were more knots in it than my daughters hair!!!

Yer... i fooked em off!... Shite.

Latest posts