VW repair/maintenance courses.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee C

Reaction score
VW repair/maintenance courses???
Any good?
Anyone been on them?
Worth the money?
Or is it a case of if I don't understand by now I never will ??? :lol:
After our trip to SkegVegas & missing most the show pissing about with the engine, only to still end up with a garage bill the next day, I'm thinking I need to know a bit more than I do!!!
Although the mechanic did say I was 75% there with what I had done & if I hadn't ran out of petrol on the way to fill up it might have been alright!!!??
What's the options & prices??
What are people's experience of theses courses??
Or do the forums & YouTube offer all the knowledge you need?
Pm if you like?
Cheers Lee.

Maybe less beer ????
Maybe more beer?? :shock:

Well you've found the engine, so I'd say you're off to a good start :)
Every time you get an issue, learn how to fix it yourself- even if you're not the fella doing the work. You can use a bentley manual if you want an thought out and engineered diagnosis/solution, a haynes manual if you want a technician's solution and John Muir's book if you want to wave a bag of hash at the car and hope the problem goes away.
Eventually you'll understand the main elements of the engine and you'll be able to perform pretty much every type of engine repair.

Lee, you are the only one that can know the answer, can you take on board things when you`re being told ? I`m not sure because of the daft question you asked, the answer is always More Beer :lol: Like I said it`s a hard one. Graham does some tutorial type courses and I`m guessing that you`d learn better at somewhere where it`s geared up for this purpose and been done once or twice before. There is also techenders and I`m not going to shy you away from that because I`ve never been, I will one day :mrgreen: But I should imagine that you`d spend more time doing the drinking and camping things we normally do as opposed to focusing on learning stuff. I might be barking right up the wrong tree because you might be the best studenty type ever :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Just my twopence worth. :mrgreen:

I think I just get flustered when it's holiday time it's eating into!!!
In the workshop at work, when I've got plenty time, I manage ok!!!
It's more a case of everyone I speak to seems to know more than me & know what to do before I do !!!
Maybe I'm just a bit slow !!!!!

Lee, it may not be your thing but I found the Rick Higgins Bug Me videos a great starting point. They might be worth taking a look if you don't know them ... you can order them direct (don't know if there is a uk stockist).
http://www.bugmevideo.com/index.html

Thanks Raggles, I'm going to start with the Robert Bentley manual & if I can afford it a trip to techenders !!??

There was a full download of the Bentley manual on the samba web site ... I printed mine out and have it in a lever arch file. In my experience Bentley tells you what to do .... The Bugme videos demonstrate how - the advantage being you can rewind and watch as many times as you want.

Why not sit next to Bob for a few hours :D

Lee Ill have a look and see if I still have the full bugme video collection.

Ill PM you a link as well to another video I found :msn4:

Latest posts