• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

VW T2 Early Bay 1970 Deluxe - Flowery Bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dozza75

Reaction score
Due to a change in circumstance my very unique camper is up for sale. The van was imported from Oregon so is left hand drive, and I am the first UK registered owner.
It was owned by a lady in the US since the mid 80’s who had her own business, Celtic Garden Ceramics (the initials CGC are painted on the back) and I have a large book full of lots of receipts of all the work that the bus has had over the last 30 years.
When I took delivery, the van was a bit rough inside, and untouched, so I gave it a bit of clean up and installed a full width Rusty Lee bed, and a ply floor with chequered floor tiles. I also treated the floor with some POR15 to prevent any rust.
I have also had the van lowered a few inches, installed new shocks, and put it on some SA Sprints (There is a spare Sprint, and I also have the original stock wheels). The original seats were shot and down to bare springs, so these were replaced with a really nice pair of original seats out of ’68 Bay
I have also put in a Gene Berg shifter, which made a huge difference to changing gear, and probably the best upgrade is a CSP disc brake kit on the front. It stops like a modern car, which gave great peace of mind when driving my little one around. The engine is a 1600 twin port, and has never let me down. I’m just back from an 1,100 mile round trip to Wolfsburg and back and had no issues whatsoever. I have also had a set of Dellorto Twin 40 carbs fitted along with Vintage Speed linkage. The van also has a Vintage Speed exhaust, 4 bow roof rack, Alpine stereo and Alpine speakers, and a CB fitted, plus a buddy seat, and original table.

This bus is a really solid example, and underneath the flowers it is all original paint (Delta Green) so nothing has been covered up. The bus has no serious rust issues, and underneath it is solid. Every time it goes in for its MOT the tester always comments how good it is.

I think I have covered most things, but if you have any questions please ask. This is a much loved camper, and I would love to see it go to a good home, where the new owners can enjoy the attention that it deserves, and gets!

£16,750.00

Located: Kent

Trying to workout how to upload pics, so in the mean time, please email me at [email protected]

Latest posts