• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - 70 tp tinware above gearbox ..

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hilly_70

Reaction score
.. you know the bit guys ..

behind the fan shroud ..

..just missed one on fleabay by a quid and could i bugger find one at vanfest ..

Cheers

Hilly

ive got singleport one if your strugling,would have to cut a hole in it tho for oil cooler vent

Ive got an original which should be up for sale soon, next couple of weeks. It is the larger squarer cornered one you are after isnt it? The one I have has had the two lower corner holes welded up with a washer in a sort of fashion by the previous owner. I have cut new corners and will be welding them to a later model one when it arrives. If it comes up ok I may go into production.

Im officially shit at part hunting at shows ..

3yr old in tow wanting to go on the dodgems and wife wanting to watch the cooking in a camper ..

I opt for the easy life and rumage with my feet .. quickly!

Thanks for the offers guys ..

Ill wait to see how roxy gets on .. and may pester sparkywig or strongy at a later date ..

I won't need it just yet anyway ...

Cheers

Hilly

Hilly_70 said:
.. you know the bit guys ..

behind the fan shroud ..

..just missed one on fleabay by a quid and could i bugger find one at vanfest ..

Cheers

Hilly

I think I have a new bit your after, I think!! If you look on page 13 of the 2009 VW Heritage Catalogue, its item no 16/17 (AC119523). Never been used before, I'll take a piccie on my mobile and post later. If your interested, make me an offer - it was £14.95 new & I think its the reproduction one but cant be certain.

Let me know if you are!

Thats spooky. My postie has just delivered this item (not the one your selling) from VWH. This is not the one Hilly is after as it does not have the larger squarer corners. But it is the one I will use to manufacture the correct item.

Ive already got the extra plates, I made them a while ago and have been waiting for vanfest to order the later style tin. I am off for the next week so hopefully monday I will get mine made up and some photos ready and possibly do a better repair of the OG one I have.

Cheers markc68 .. thats not quite the one im after tho .. it nearly is!

Good stuff roxy ..

Keep us posted mate! ;)

Hilly

MarkC68 said:
I think I have a new bit your after, I think!! If you look on page 13 of the 2009 VW Heritage Catalogue, its item no 16/17 (AC119523). Never been used before, I'll take a piccie on my mobile and post later. If your interested, make me an offer - it was £14.95 new & I think its the reproduction one but cant be certain.

Let me know if you are!

hey mark....im after one of these if its the front tinware piece and fits a 1970 1600 tp?!?! looks right according to the catalogue on their website....
not so fussed about og quality....just so long as it fits okay....

still got it?!?!

cheers,
jon

thru_a_lupe said:
MarkC68 said:

Let me know if you are!

hey mark....im after one of these if its the front tinware piece and fits a 1970 1600 tp?!?! looks right according to the catalogue on their website....
not so fussed about og quality....just so long as it fits okay....

still got it?!?!

cheers,
jon

VWH dont stock the tin for the early bay - only the later one. If you look at what you need it requires larger sqaurer corners. I will upload some images to photobucket later.

forgive my nievety.... why does it state it fits >71 ?!?!
surely that early bay up until the crossover?!?!?

:?:

It fits but as the website says the profile is incorrect. It is smaller at the corners and therefore doesnt give a full seal. Wait for my photos and you can see clearly then. Should be up in about 30 mins.

Pictures uploaded.

The grey one is the early model tin and the upper is for a beetle but fits if reprofiled with additional plated.

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj175/roxy270/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Update - I have welded up the additional plates and sealed the edges to prevent water ingress. Once painted I will upload some photos of the finished product for your perusal.

dubdubz said:
roxy2 said:
Update - I have welded up the additional plates and sealed the edges to prevent water ingress. Once painted I will upload some photos of the finished product for your perusal.

i'm on the edge of my seat............please hurry :lol:

Do you like the way Im building it up?

Latest posts