Weber IDF setup - Pics needed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zcat7

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Crossover
I bought a set of second hand IDFs recently but unfortunately the PO failed to mention that the throttle levers were missing... Hence I just have the threaded spindles on each side. Right now I don't know exactly what I need to order up but the cost of what I've looked at so far is painful! £20+ per throttle lever is the norm but I assume I need springs, throttle stop screws, locking tabs etc. Most confusing are the various shapes and types of lever on offer and talk of "kit's to convert to proper left and right carbs".

So that I don't throw money down the drain could someone please post any close-ups they have of what I need and of course any advice on where to buy at reasonable price?

Ta!

Thanks Abel

Can you advise what I need. It's not like I'm replacing bits, I don't know what should be there on the ends of the spindles. Is it the same for the left and right carb?

Thanks Sparkywig, that's helpful. Couple of questions- Are the plectrum shaped grey pieces separate from the gold coloured bits behind or are the spot welded as one unit? Did you make up the little spring towers that are bolted to the carb mounts yourself or are they a part of the standard setup? Also what linkage are you using?

Zcat7 said:
Thanks Sparkywig, that's helpful. Couple of questions-
Are the plectrum shaped grey pieces separate from the gold coloured bits behind or are the spot welded as one unit? Seperate
Did you make up the little spring towers that are bolted to the carb mounts yourself or are they a part of the standard setup? I made those
Also what linkage are you using? CSP bellcrank

Latest posts