Weight distribution side-side

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coda

Reaction score
I've been wondering about this, as I've currently got all the furniture out of the bus and found that it weighs a ton. Maybe more. It occurred to me that as most of the weight is distributed on the right hand side (on a RHD obv.) that this could be a point of blame for a buses poor handling (tyres is another but that's been discussed to death).

Has anyone had any deep thought on this, come to any conclusions one way or the other? I've done a search for posts but didn't find much.

I can’t see that a moderate amount of uneven weight distribution would affect handling too much in a bus (or campervan) as long as the suspension and tyres are all working correctly.

If we were talking about a performance car then maybe it would affect handling.

I remember reading about someone having the LB relocated to the car battery side and a special deep tray created to enable the two batteries to be stacked one above the other in order to even out the weight distribution caused by the extra camping furniture. Not sure what difference that would make tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts