Weird lights on fault???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A question, to the group.
Got a weird new fault, when the engine is not on, the bus lights turn off and on all round as normal. When I start the engine without the lights on, the rear lights come on??? Drivers side brighter than the passengers?? Any ideas? Sounds a bit weird earthy to me? šŸ˜Ž

Hey you, Iā€™m no expert as you know but my first thought was just that, maybe the ignition is now earthing through the back lights ? Iā€™d look at box to body and that little tiny fucker inside the dissy. Whatā€™s it like if you just turn the ignition on without starting it?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, glad youā€™re still in the mix :mrgreen:

Cheers dood, will be having a nose, im sure there is something lurking on the rear lights on the drivers side, will check all the connections and wiring later. I havent tried it with just the ignition on and not starting it yet, but i will try that tonight :)

So at the weekend, i removed all of the wires to the rear lights, cleaned up the terminals and replaced any that didnt fit 100%, changed one earth wire and had a good clean up in general.

Put it all back together and... Bingo!! back in the game, all working fine!

Took the bus out for a cheeky 60 mile drive and all fine, no issues with electrics just a lovely cruise.

All ready for festivals now :) tahnks all for the hints n ideas :)

Latest posts