Well..... I'm back .....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well.... it's been years.... after going through some life changing events, I couldn't stop the early bay fire within me so I've gone and bought a new project and jumped back on here. I really have no idea if any of my old friends are still on here, my user name used to be THE LAST PANZER so if you recognise me, please say hi and make friends again, it's been too long. You also may recognise my old bus

This is now my new project, it's a 7 seater deluxe microbus, in Sierra gold and white. It's coming from South Dakota and will be here in about 6 weeks.

Anyway, come say hi.... in the words of Gary Glitter ' I'm back'..... I could not be happier 😁😁😁😁

Not that you’re not welcome bud but I wish it was meeting in a field somewhere and discussing the technicalities of Stella over Guinness or some thing else. I for one will be chuffed to see you when this little hiccup is put to bed. IN the meantime keep gazing into your wallet and take pictures of the stuff inside because as you well know, in a very few weeks that’ll be flying out of there every five minutes with a fiver for this and a tenner for that, then a big K here etc etc. Good to know that little corner of a certain field in Caldicot will have a regular resident again quite soon :mrgreen: Do you know of anything upfront that you’ll need for this little project? Maybe get cracking on the shopping in advance :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, best news for weeks and weeks :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen:

Ozzy and sparky 😁😁😁😁😁😁 fantastic to hear from you, yeah I will definitely be gracing a particular corner in coldicot next year, I really really can't wait.

I've already started making a list of bots for this bus, I'm going completely original again, so stock colour,stock ride height, stock interior and stock engine.

This place seems a lot quieter than it used to be ???

Looking forward to meeting up and having a good old chat and a beer......... oh and maybe a field cooked pizza

Perfect, just perfect. Yes to all of the above including the quiet bit. Social media has expanded umpteen times and the Facebook thing seems to have left us in its trail of destruction but if anyone needs to know anything, they usually end up here asking. There does seem to be a gradual churn of members and the new ones seem to mostly gravitate toward the Facebook style but I’m thinking this is way too good a resource to leave to vaporise.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, pizza sounds brill toooo :mrgreen:

I completely agree Oz, this place is where I made so many friends, then met them all at shows. It's also in my opinion one of the best, if not THE best source of information for everything early bay.

I hope things pick up here, it would be such a shame to see this go down the swany.

Hi Jim,

Love the project! Do you mind me asking how you sourced the bus and got on with shipping etc. from the states?

Something I’d love to do just not sure if I’m brave enough haha

Cheers,
Mike

Mikeoggie said:
Hi Jim,

Love the project! Do you mind me asking how you sourced the bus and got on with shipping etc. from the states?

Cheers,
Mike

Sure, it's no problem at all..... I sourced the bus on thesamba.com, I then emailed the seller a number of times asking a multitude of question making sure it was the deal I was happy with.

I then did a wire money transfer on line to his bank direct.

While i was in discussions with him i was also speaking to Kingston shipping company, they are absolutely amazing they helped with the transfer of the vehicle from South Dakota to Houston port, then arranged the container and loading.

It will arrive in the UK in about 6 weeks, they also arranged the delivery of the bus to my door from london.

In total it has cost me a tiny bit over £1700 plus what I paid for the bus.

Hope this helps, one thing I can say is its very scary trusting somebody you have never seen or spoken to with thousands of pounds of your money, however it's very very exciting and I could see this becoming addictive. My suggestion would be do it, its exhilarating. Hope this helps.

THE LAST PANZER 2 said:
Mikeoggie said:
Hi Jim,

Cheers,
Mike

Sure, it's no problem at all..... I sourced the bus on thesamba.com, I then emailed the seller a number of times asking a multitude of question making sure it was the deal I was happy with.

I then did a wire money transfer on line to his bank direct.

While i was in discussions with him i was also speaking to Kingston shipping company, they are absolutely amazing they helped with the transfer of the vehicle from South Dakota to Houston port, then arranged the container and loading.

It will arrive in the UK in about 6 weeks, they also arranged the delivery of the bus to my door from london.

In total it has cost me a tiny bit over £1700 plus what I paid for the bus.

Hope this helps, one thing I can say is its very scary trusting somebody you have never seen or spoken to with thousands of pounds of your money, however it's very very exciting and I could see this becoming addictive. My suggestion would be do it, its exhilarating. Hope this helps.

That’s ace, I’ve heard a few people mention Kingston shipping, I’ve always presumed people who imported knew someone over there to look over it for them.

I bet it is, still some reasonably priced over there too compared to some of the values here! Cheers for the info, I’ll get hunting!

Mike

Hey Jimbo - hows it going bud - not been on here myself in a while but cant help poping back in now and again 👍
We sold our bus on to fund a couple of new projects, as it got to a point where Terri had enough of the lets say restrictive size of the vw and campsite toilets etc! Must say tho it was great having the camper and i do miss datc where we met the best people!
We have now moved on to a 30 foot Norfolk Broads cruiser of 1986 vintage, which is very similar to owning a camper in a lot of respects but with a bit more room, with similar buid quality and querky design features. Your new bus looks cool and i will pop in more often to see how you get on with it 👊

Hi Jim

Good to see you back in Early Bay ownership, hope things are good with you

Just found this in my photo’s - which i think would make a fine offering for your avatar on the forum 👍

Latest posts