Westfalia Sink Cover/Table

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Middleton

Reaction score
Has anybody made one of these? £100 seems a bit pricey and I was wondering if anybody had the dimensions for it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westfalia-Sink-white-Cover-Table-Set-for-VW-T2-Early-Bay-Window-C9448-/151809744507?hash=item235890de7b:g:IrIAAOSwQPlV8KfQ

I'm also missing the support. If anyone could direct me to some photos, it looks like I'll have to make one of those too! My Westfalia is a 1972 - did they have a different support from the triangle one?

Thanks!

Ours was missing - I replaced it with a chopping board of a similar size, that's pretty much what it is anyway, couple of hinges from a diy store, not original but works a treat!

We did have the support but I'm sure you could find something to work - £100 is a ridiculous price

If the support your after is a triangular shaped wire bracket I have one spare.

White Formica or melamine covered 18mm plywood with 3/4 inch arcade machine t-molding round the edges. Hinges are available on eBay cheap.

I use the molding all the time, here it is on my old puck when I rebuilt the kitchen

DSC_0788_zpsdquemqnc.jpg

With regards to the support, early westys had the support, then in 71 the table rested on the backrest of the buddy seat. I would imagine that a 72 is the same.

About a third of the way down on the inside edge of the buddy seat backrest is a rest for the table to sit on.

Thanks for all this information guys! I'm glad I won't need a rest for the table as I have the higher chair to support it. I think I'll pop to Wickes and see if they can knock me one up. Does anyone know the width/length dimensions?

Also, I'm missing the little loop for the stool strap. I haven't got a stool, but I'd like to put the loop on because I don't like the holes - lol. Does anyone know whether these are available for sale anywhere?

Latest posts